Only in the Guardian - "paedo-pals".

would you like to look after a convicted nonce?

• yes they are human beings too

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • with wet cement

• yes I value their opinions and attitudes

• I belong to the Saddam school of rehabilitation, so no.

• Total voters
The only 'love and support' they should get is the love of 40 parents booting their bollox to Mars and the support of the gallows.

They cannot be rehabilitated. It’s genetically designed into them to fiddle with kids.

If the Guardian want to back this ridiculous idea, let their readers 'love and support' them then 'forgive' them when one of their kids is found with its throat cut after being interfered with by one these horrors.

They're not normal people, they have something wrong in their brains. They'll never stop being wrong. Well, not whilst they are still alive.

Show bollox, removed.

Then I'll be your 'mate'.

Cnuts - or should that be 'Eunuchs!'

Ohhh all you nasty insensitive soldiers! Surely units could follow the Guardians lead and be assigned a nonce apiece to spread the love and help build a more inclusive society?

It's alright in the abtract. But think of your kids as the victims. These cnuts aren't like robbers and the like. They have crossed a line. And death would be too good for them. And if there is a job going, I'll put the fcukers away.

I believe (slightly radical but there you go) that these are damaged human beings in their own right and therefore with the relevant amount of human rights (limited) should receive whatever treatment available to deal with their offending behaviour.

That having been said, if one of them were to interfere with my neices or nephews I'd be tempted to send 'em to the ranges. As a target.

So Medic, as I said, it is OK in the abstract.

Ask any parent who the most hated criminals are and i be 99 out of 100 will say Paedophiles, the take away something that can never be replaced or forgotten.
Chemical castration for the man and inforced Vaginal surgiry for female offenders

Yes they should be strung up, yes it is the most abhorrent crime, there never going to change. But, this country is a. Never going to inflict a punishment that in any infrienges their human rights. And b. They WILL be released back into the community at some point (if you only pick up a 5 year tarrif for raping a baby, theres no bloody hope).

I expect the concerns of the people attempting to rehabilitate these creatures are the same as ours, and they find the individuals just as vile. Whats the alternative? Lock them up for a few years with another bunce of nonce's and hope the time away teaches them a lesson? I'd suggest trying to rehabilitate is better than doing nothing, but what is blatently obvious is that the lengths of sentence being handed out by the judges are rediculiously short.

From the article: How would David cope if a core member did something dreadful, in spite of his vigilance? "I wouldn't carry the guilt," he says. "It's his choice. All I can do is help him not make that choice and take action if he causes concern."

So no guilt eh? You fcuk up, some kiddies get abused and their lives destroyed and even though you allowed it by getting these cnuts out of jail in order to be nice to them, you feel as though it is not your fault?

Perhaps we should draw the distinction between offernders and those who recognise they have a problem. Apparently a good % of those who ring Childline and the like are those who are worried about their thoughts and inclinations. Problem is that there isn't any treatment available.

This idea is ridiculous Most of these (hate to use the word) people are devious sneaky B*****ds They will quite happily reoffend time and time again, How many times lately have we seen this happen. Some crimes are so abhorent that there is no room in modern society.

Nonces have a use in life. Being strapped to the side of a snatch and driven through an IED rich enviroment springs to mind :D

fastmedic

Some notes on judges and sentencing.

The judge gave Sweeney 18 years. That's right 18 years.

Because he pleaded guilty he gets an automatic one third reduction, regardless of the motivation behind that plea. The judge doesn't give him that, the Home Office does and it's been around longer than the current administration in case you're interested.

Get banged up and you're automatically eligible to apply for parole after you've served half your sentence. The judge doesn't give you that the Home Office does and it's been around longer than the current administration as well. Because Sweeney had already been in custody the best part of a year he can apply in just over 5 years. Doesn't mean he'll get it but he can apply.

So don't blame the judges, blame the Home Office. Reid's a populist cnut expect more insanity from the party that brought you David 'Hitler' Blunkett.

Getting onto the subject of the article. On the face of it anything that increases the chances of these people not re-offending looks good but, as the guru said, it's all in the abstract. After all, to take the example of Sweeney, when he gets out he's out he's not going to be housed next door to your retired headteacher, professional hypnotherapist or former ballet coach is he?

The thing about Megan's Law is it is also "a community response".

When I quickly scanned the article I picked up the word 'Canada' near the beginning and thought, 'Oh well, that's their lookout if they are that stupid', I'm just glad that I don't live there. Then references to 'Darts' and 'Home Office' made me read it again and I really can't believe that our government is that stupid, I really can't.

Look at this...

Peter was electronically tagged and placed in a probation hostel on his release because of the likelihood that he would reoffend and possibly murder a child. He was in denial about his offences. After a year in his first circle, his personal hygiene, confidence and appearance had improved. He had a job as a cleaner and he had moved to sheltered accommodation. He spent Christmas Day with one of his circle. He reported that it was the best he had ever had.

The second and third year taught Circles a lesson. Among other issues, Peter had coerced a man into buying a car on his behalf. He had previously used a car to abduct a child. Volunteers also learned that Peter had invited young girls to his flat, contravening the terms of his release. Nothing had yet occurred but Peter was given a community sentence and returned to a supervised hostel.

And this bloke is recognised as not being the full shilling, doesn't know what 50 metres looks like and yet is cunning enough to get someone to buy a car for him. I bet it had a boot too.

I know, let's put him to work in a school. After all, it's not his fault he's the way he is.

Rehabilitation doesn't work with sexual deviants.

The British legal system is unequipped to pass moral judgement, and powerless to pass appropriate sentences, the way I see it, it is the public's responsibility to form vigilante gangs to deal with these people the moment they set foot outside the nick.

I'm an ex-pat, but we get BBC news here - its a source of constant amusement to johnny foreigner just how soft our country is on about a million forms of serious criminal, whilst going after easy targets that make money for the fast-fading government, get a feckin grip Bliar I don't want our once-great country to be a laughing stock.

Its remarkable how the concept of Evil has been banished from modern society in Britian, personally I know it exists in people having had the misfortune to see some of their handiwork down the years as have a lot of people on this site.

You don't hold hands and have an understanding chat with creatures of Evil, you put them into the fire like the Good Book says. Orders are Orders.

Equip these bastards with a bow and some arrows and replace the boys in Afghanistan and Iraq with the nonces and ponces that should get them sorted failling that tattoo nonce across there forehead and turn them loose but give the public and parents/grandparents/family with kids first access to the poor misunderstood little bastards. Include all the bloody do gooders in this as well. Why do i hate them so much cus i had one living next door to me and didn,t find out untill he got sent down thankfully and luckily for him he moved before it became common knowledge. :twisted: