Only in Glasgow

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Me!_Amph!!, Nov 30, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Sorry if this one been done before but its well fitting for a nice St Andrews Day.

Got this through my DII.

This is actually out of a newspaper report -

ONLY IN GLASGOW

Bono, the lead singer of the band, U2, is famous throughout the
    entertainment industry for being more than just a little self-righteous.

At a recent U2 concert in Glasgow , Scotland , he asked the
    audience for total quiet. Then, in the silence, he started to slowly clap his hands, once every few seconds. Holding the audience in total silence, he said into the microphone, 'Every time I clap my hands, a child in
    Africa dies.'

A voice with a broad Scottish accent from the front of the
    crowd pierced the quiet. . .

'Well, foockin stop doin it then, ya evil basturd!'

Made me chuckle.

Me Amph

2. i kept me giggleing for a bit cheers

3. He should have known better; years ago he was doing a concert in Glasgow and had let it be known through his manager that none of the fans were to be allowed onto the stage.

A mate of mine was working security at the concert. He was ex-RTR, could bench press 400lb and was as hard as a whole big bag full of very hard things.

The concert starts and one numpty manages to jump on stage. Innes grabbed him and started to exit stage right when Bono stopped the concert and started ripping him to the whole audiance:

"What the feck, who do you think you are to treat our fans in such a manner, you thug..."etc.

Big. Mistake. 8O

The fan was thrown into the audiance and my mate went for Bono. The only reason the skinny cnut's still alive is because there was more security backstage and they grabbed Innes before he got his hands on Bono.

When Bono finished the gig, his security team hurried him past Innes, who was pinned to a wall by 4 other bouncers and snarling:

"Come here ya wee b@stard - I'll show you Sunday Bloody Sunday! :twisted:

4. Funny as feck :D

5. There is a Jokes forum for crap like that.

6. Oooooo some one's had a bad day.

7. Pity there's not a Cnut's With a Sense of Humour Failure Forum... :roll:

8. a text can cost 12p and that could feed a muslim boy in stan for a whole day so send the text to seven of you'r mates and starve the cnut for a whole week