ONLY IN AMERICA........

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by chimera, Oct 28, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. chimera

chimera LE Moderator

2. Everyone else does!

3. What do you expect from the land of the free and the home of the stupid? Once again a lax gun culture leads to the loss of life.

As I have said before on other threads to do with shootings, it doesn't matter how careful you are with guns, once they get into the hands of idiots (and they often do), innocent people die. The only people who should have access to guns are military and law enforcement personnel, who are fully trained, both technically and morally, who have a mandate to use lethal force and can be called to account should they do anything wrong.

(Pre-empting the flak from my comment above) Anyone who says that driving a car is just as dangerous, and more people die every year from RTAs - STOP!. They are not the same thing and you know it. To drive a car you have to be tested to a relatively high standard, in order that you are safe to do so. A car is not a weapon and was never designed as one. You wouldn't put an eight year old child in the drivers seat of a car and tell him to crack on as that would be insane, so why let him handle a fully automatic weapon FFS?

Just another tragic loss of life due to someone else's stupidity.

Ish.

4. True, but it is a lot more difficult to get your hands on weapons here than in the good ole US of A. They are not sold at gun shows and they should not have access to military weapons, like the Uzi automatic weapon as in this case, and explosives (unless you are buying from the RRS of course).

Ish.

5. The Firearms Act in England with its ban on handguns and semi-auto rifles is an overwhelming success. The crime rate in England has more than doubled since the last Firearms Act, whereas in USA there has been a steady decrease since 1991. Super idea lets confiscate all weapons in civilian hands, that would really make the criminals happy. :roll:

6. The guns that have been used in the majority of shooting masacres in the US and in Europe, and killings in this case, have been done using legally held firearms, appropriated by unauthorised, untrained users (And I don't mean being taught how to shoot tin cans off your fence in some hick town in the US midwest) .

The firearms act took legally held weapons out of the hands of everyone, because a few people could not be trusted. Since 1991 how many school massacres/children shooting themselves or their friends have occured in the US? How many have occured in the UK since the firearms ban in the UK? None. Although you are never going to be able to totally stop the gang bangers getting hold of illegal weapons in the UK, we have still stopped children and psychos from getting hold of weapons and going out and killing other people just because they have a grudge against the world or some serious mental illness.

7. Errr..fly in the cream type point but if you're talking about Dunblaine the LOCAL Firearms Officer had recommended NOT issuing a licence to said nutter. A Senior Officer signed off on issuing a licence and is alleged to have prevented the removal of said licence and siezure of wepaons from said nutter. If just half of that story is true.......then hwat's the point of licencing regime that doesn't work.

8. Yes, but your forgetting that in America you can get them LEGALLY!!!!!!!11

9. I won't loose any sleep over this as the dad deserves to suffer for being such a fock whit!

10. Yep Darwin strikes again if only the dad could have taken one in the knackers preventing him from diluting the gene pool again

11. Im just waiting for PRO_US_UK to reply!

12. I guess you forgot this one up in the lawless North: :wink:

Mar. 13, 1996: Thomas Hamilton, 43, dressed in black and wearing earmuffs to protect himself from the noise, entered an elementary school in Dunblane, Scotland, and sprayed 105 bullets into the gym striking 29 people before killing himself. Sixteen five and 6-year-olds and a teacher died.

[​IMG]

As for the tragic death of the boy at a supervised event in the People's Republic of Massachussettes, you can depend on their knee jerk legislators to take action. :roll:

Massachusetts - the home of one of the most liberal leaning senators, Teddy Kennedy. They make it tough to own a firearm legally in the People's Republic but I guess it's OK if you drown a girl in your car while driving drunk so long as your pop has shed-loads of money and people feel sorry for you because your brothers were killed.

The kid should not have been allowed to fire the Uzi plain and simple. His father is a fuckwit and deserves everything he gets. But I will fight any and all efforts made by stupid cnuts to infringe upon my Second Amendment right to keep and bear firearms. I don't want the USA to go the way of Australia and the U.K. where it's against the law to have weapons of any kind for any purpose.

13. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

"Massachusetts has strict gun laws that require parental consent" [before allowing 8 year olds to fire fully automatic military weapons at fairs that trained soldiers spend dozens of hours being trained on before being issued with live ammunition and using full automatic fire on approved ranges.....]