Only in America

Serves him right the thieving little barsteward. I hope they give him the death penalty.

Blogg said:
http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30000-13555828,00.html

If only some of the bottom feeders in this country had the same moral stance.

edited for monglish

Keyboardwarrior said:
Serves him right the thieving little barsteward. I hope they give him the death penalty.
Seconded. Opening christmas presents early today; rape, murder, arson and extortion tomorrow.

PE4rocks said:
Blogg said:
http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30000-13555828,00.html

If only some of the bottom feeders in this country had the same moral stance.

edited for monglish
But could the Bobbies over here even be arrsed to do anything about it if a mum did ring them.

Do you think if this goes on there might be an amnesty? I've got two pieces of chalk and a pencil I took from the stationery cupboard when I was at primary school.

I've been hearing plenty about this. Sadly, I think I will have to say that it is indeed true that this could only happen in America,

purple_foot said:
So the mother is 27 yet the son is 12? Was she so quick to call the police when she was having illegal sex at the age of 15? :roll:
She told me she was 18. That lying bitch.

Sky news said:
The boy - who has a history of bad behaviour - has been diagnosed with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.
In my experience, the bit in bold is more properly pronounced:

"is a little sh1t, because his parents cant be arrsed to discipline him".

If you can just remember that simple rule, the story is so much easier to understand.

Whoa There Stonker!
could be the kids alright but the parent is loopy.
Calling the cops?
The property he unwrapped was inside the house and belonged to the family.

Soon cops are going to start nicking kids for opening biscuit packets without lawful permission.

SLRboy said:
Whoa There Stonker!
Calling the cops?

Soon cops are going to start nicking kids for opening biscuit packets without lawful permission.
Strong view based on personal experience of a nominally ADHD stepson (my brother's), whose knife-and-bottle wielding behaviour [IMHO] stemmed less from any chemical imbalance than from the egotistical and immature conduct of his estranged Glasgow D-J dad.

View further strengthened by one particularly idle mum at my kid's school, whose vicious little offspring's behaviour is excused by 'o, he's ADHD', thereby absolving her and her (2nd) spouse from their natural duty to train the child to behave.

Sorry - don't accept that ADHD is anything like as widespread as half these cnuts would have you believe.

Like asthma, it's a convenient cover for sloppy parenting.

It gives pressured doctors a quick way out of a difficult session with a patient, and schools like it because it covers their arrse, and - I think - attracts 'special needs' funding.

Blimey!
You live in a rough neighborhood don't you?

[quote="Stonker]

Sorry - don't accept that ADHD is anything like as widespread as half these cnuts would have you believe.

... it's a convenient cover for sloppy parenting.

It gives pressured doctors a quick way out of a difficult session with a patient, and schools like it because it covers their arrse, and - I think - attracts 'special needs' funding.[/quote]

Second that, Stonker, and you're correct re "special needs" funding.

whilst I aplaud her for trying to teach her kid morals surely she could have dealt with this herself.

I'd have sold the gameboy on ebay and given him an orange for christmas, chocolate would only make his ADD worse.

Stonker said:
SLRboy said:
Whoa There Stonker!
Calling the cops?

Strong view based on personal experience of a nominally ADHD stepson (my brother's), whose knife-and-bottle wielding behaviour [IMHO] stemmed less from any chemical imbalance than from the egotistical and immature conduct of his estranged Glasgow D-J dad.

View further strengthened by one particularly idle mum at my kid's school, whose vicious little offspring's behaviour is excused by 'o, he's ADHD', thereby absolving her and her (2nd) spouse from their natural duty to train the child to behave.

Like asthma, it's a convenient cover for sloppy parenting.

It gives pressured doctors a quick way out of a difficult session with a patient, and schools like it because it covers their arrse, and - I think - attracts 'special needs' funding.
Nope, afraid not!!! Being on the Special Educational Needs register does not secure any funding. Kids have to be "statemented" for the school to receive funding. As this money comes from the council the council are incredibly reluctant to statement; there are barely literate 16 year olds that receive no help (or the school receives no money to provide extra help) because they're "not bad enough" to be statemented; or to go into a school better suited to help (inclusion in mainstream).
Having a kid diagnosed with ADHD is actually not good for the school. It means they can not exclude a kid if his/her actions are "caused" by their "disability" - as that's discrimination. Therefore it's very very difficult to take action against the worst cases.

ADHD isn't made up; that I'm sure of. But the effects can be dramatically reduced by a strict routine and structure, proper diet, consequences as well as positive praise and finally dosing them to the eyeballs with their medication :D :D However, I do believe some kids are diagnosed as having the hormone/chemical imbalance when quite honestly it's either from shoddy parenting, poor food, falling in with the wrong crowd and some kids are just off the fecking wall!!!

On subject you have to congratulate mother for trying to do the right thing; but the police should not be involved in this sort of thing. I hope that mum does sort her kid out.