Only Blair could save Labour now

Mobat said:
The good news in the poll is that Labour will loose no matter who is in charge. Even with Tony Blair in charge, the best they could hope for is a hung parliament with the possibility of Labour forming a ruling coalition.

The bad news is the large number of people who still intend to vote Labour. What on earth is wrong with them?

As far as I see it people dont see that they have much of a choice, lets face it they are all as bad and or useless as the rest, all ready to give the country away peice by peice simply to line there own pockets just look on our denied right to vote on the lisbon treaty? Denied because they all benefited and knew that if it came to us it would be flushed faster than bog roll.

Now before you start im not a member of the BNP or any other political party for that matter but is it any wonder as to why so many people are joining and voting for the BNP when so disolusioned with the political mainstream? Actually look at some of the policies that they have, lets face it we know its all dribble but it looks good on paper

Sadly we are not legally forced to vote like Austrailia and there is no option to vote for "none of the above" so alot dont vote at all and then the ones that do are forced to pick between "the devil you know and the devil you dont"

Ex squaddies to be put at the top of the housing lists for a start, out of the EU a cap on immigration, and no dont brand me a racist on this one as im really not im all for people making a better life for themselves and there family's but not at unsustainable levels, pensioners getting more money, the nhs getting more investment aswell as the army to name but a few. But then I draw the line at americana style crap like being able to keep assault weapons in your house for "defence" etc

Starscream-08 said:
Mobat said:
The good news in the poll is that Labour will loose no matter who is in charge. Even with Tony Blair in charge, the best they could hope for is a hung parliament with the possibility of Labour forming a ruling coalition.

The bad news is the large number of people who still intend to vote Labour. What on earth is wrong with them?

As far as I see it people dont see that they have much of a choice, lets face it they are all as bad and or useless as the rest, all ready to give the country away peice by peice simply to line there own pockets just look on our denied right to vote on the lisbon treaty? Denied because they all benefited and knew that if it came to us it would be flushed faster than bog roll.

Now before you start im not a member of the BNP or any other political party for that matter but is it any wonder as to why so many people are joining and voting for the BNP when so disolusioned with the political mainstream? Actually look at some of the policies that they have, lets face it we know its all dribble but it looks good on paper

Sadly we are not legally forced to vote like Austrailia and there is no option to vote for "none of the above" so alot dont vote at all and then the ones that do are forced to pick between "the devil you know and the devil you dont"
That is an explanation for not voting or voting for a fringe party, but not for voting labour.

Personally I probably will vote for a fringe party next election. I live in a safe Conservative seat so my vote will not alter the outcome, however, I want to make it clear that I am not happy with any of the major parties.

If I lived in a marginal, then I would vote Conservative, to get Labour out.

I dont know its sickening to have to choose from the main three. The problem aswell is nobody will know you are unhappy personally just someone.... and it would no doubt be discounted

im outraged becos nobudy has metinond educashun edukatin eduk ... fukcing skool ... innit.

i fink tone was a good pm cos he smiled a lot an gave my mum loads of bennies wot he took from the ritch
FFS, Mr Grin and the Harridan are long past caring about Liarbour. The books are with the publisher, money's in the banks [offshore, Swiss, etc.] ... and IMO Bliar's credibility with Party and Electorate has long expired into the dust.

Even with Alastair's best spin, there is no way the Nation would fall for it, I mean, like, you know, be fair, another input from ... , look there are World issues over which... well he's a nice bloke, but really, I mean ... no.

Mobat said:
Personally I probably will vote for a fringe party next election. I live in a safe Conservative seat so my vote will not alter the outcome, however, I want to make it clear that I am not happy with any of the major parties.

Great ... suicide on wheels. A few more voters like you and you will end up with the Abyssinian Green Party. :roll:

I lived in one of the safest Conservative seats in UK [Surrey Heath], and the biggest problem we had was with people [ostensibly Tory] who wouldn't get of their bums and vote at Borough, County or General Elections.

FFS ... you have a vote to decide who runs the Borough/County/Nation. It's not a fukcing lottery ticket, or a play-thing. It's real, grown-up decision-making, and principles.

Sorry if that sounds offensive, but that's the sort of thinking that let Liarbour in all those disastrous years ago.
THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A SAFE SEAT.

blue-sophist said:
Mobat said:

Great ... suicide on wheels. A few more voters like you and you will end up with the Abyssinian Green Party. :roll:

I lived in one of the safest Conservative seats in UK [Surrey Heath], and the biggest problem we had was with people [ostensibly Tory] who wouldn't get of their bums and vote at Borough, County or General Elections.

FFS ... you have a vote to decide who runs the Borough/County/Nation. It's not a fukcing lottery ticket, or a play-thing. It's real, grown-up decision-making, and principles.

Sorry if that sounds offensive, but that's the sort of thinking that let Liarbour in all those disastrous years ago.

Thats the point though there is no real choice and thats why they dont bother...

Starscream-08 said:
blue-sophist said:
Mobat said:

Thats the point though there is no real choice and thats why they dont bother...
If your political antennae are that dysfunctional, then stay home.
If you think you're registering a protest vote, nobody will know.
And you might ... end up with a Party that you detest.

Come on, folks ... get real. The Ballot Box isn't a toy, it's about a mature decision.

blue-sophist said:
Mobat said:

You old constituency managed to elect a Conservative, by a healthy margin, anyway:

http://www.electoralcommission.org....ections/uk-general-election-2006/surrey-heath

Just suppose that 5,000 Conservative supporters had switched to UKIP. That would not have altered who the MP was, but it would have left him worried and hence keen to listen to his constituents.

My current constituency has similar results to Surrey Heath.

I used to live here:
http://www.electoralcommission.org...._elections/uk-general-election-2006/guildford

which was much more interesting.

Okay.... how can you say that its a mature decision and that its not a toy? Todays ballot box is a bad joke at best in my opinion... Yes I understand what has been sacrificed to give us all the right to vote but its not on our part that this has been abused. If there is no real choice then where is this mature decision?

I understand the importance of voting and thats why despite the fact I dont see the point in voting from clone a, clone b and on occasion clone c I still go out and vote anyway

Mobat said:
blue-sophist said:
Mobat said:

You old constituency managed to elect a Conservative, by a healthy margin, anyway:
http://www.electoralcommission.org....ections/uk-general-election-2006/surrey-heath
Just suppose that 5,000 Conservative supporters had switched to UKIP. That would not have altered who the MP was, but it would have left him worried and hence keen to listen to his constituents.
I used to live here:
http://www.electoralcommission.org...._elections/uk-general-election-2006/guildford
I'll call you back tomorrow ... because there are points to be discussed that deserve better than through a cloud of Grouse :wink:

blue-sophist said:
Mobat said:

I will believe that "there is no such thing as a safe seat" if Labour lose in Wigan at the next general election. We shall see. I reckon that anything that Labour entered there would win, be it a cat, dustbin, potato or paving slab. I despair for my old home town.

As Blur's No 1 detester, it does pain me to say that I do think the great unwashed would still vote for this person.
They who know nothing and who never will learn, still think that Life was good Under Dear Leader and so it would be if only Tone would return.
Once again in my limited lifetime, Labour has financial blown it for UK, but there will always be those who see Labour and the Good Life under Dear Leader.
john

Back on thread:

FFS, Mr Grin and the Harridan are long past caring about Liarbour. The books are with the publisher, money's in the banks [offshore, Swiss, etc.] ...

My bold. Spot on, BS.
The Blair's are too busy milking the post-tour gravy train to give a toss about what is happening to the "Project". The only way they (it is a joint effort, you know :) ) will consider a return to Politics would be if they are invited to enter the third-rate European Parliament - an even more obscene prospect than the Kinnocks currently milking it for all it is worth.
In my opinion, he should be made to return to the scene of the crime (with his puppet master, Alistair) and given a real roasting over major issues such as WMD, Dr Kelly, employing Prescott as his DPM etc etc.

The voting issue is interesting and I agree with Perturbed in some respects. My own home town on the NW coast of Cumberland (not Cumbria FFS!!) still clings on to its past as a Coal Mining and Fishing town and would vote in a garden gnome if it was wearing a Labour rosette.
In respect of our democratic right to vote, I have had many discussions with our 24-year old daughter, who cannot understand why her political vote is so important - it doesn't stop her from voting on Big Brother though! :x

Mobat said:

I used to live here:

Something many Tories forget is that the Yellow Peril [aka LibDems] will happily tell a voter anything to get their vote - their outpourings are completely adjustable to suit the location [pro- or anti-hunting, etc. etc. ad infinitum].

Also, the LibDems are solidly Left Wing [with a bit of Green thrown in to help], who pick up masses of votes from disaffected Labour supporters. As you knew from Ghastly Guildford, they have milked the huge Council Estates for all they're worth [as they do in Woking] and are very much the "alternative Party".

A few hundred complacent Tories staying at home, backed up by pointless "protest votes", can let a LibDem slide/slime in. Even the insincere [but moderately attractive] Ros Harper was allowed to get 28.8% in Surrey Heath, which is a ridiculously high number given the demographics of the constituency. Ah, the nostalgia of my last UK Campaign ... 8)

Stop it please, my sides..."only Blair could"...are splitting..."save" tee-hee..."Labour"...mwahahahaha (snort).