Only a matter of time before it happens here

Britain has been sh*t upon by the corrupt EU since the day she joined.This was against the wishes of most of the population,but the political elite of both parites pushed remorselessly for the then EEC to let us in.

The result of 36 years of EU membership?.

Democracy in Britain undermined.

Industries decimated.

Britain contributing disproportionatly to other countries,in many cases richer countries,i.e France,Belgium,the Netherlands.

Illegal immigrants from France and Belgium allowed into Britain in large numbers.

British workers undermined by cheap labour from eastern Europe.

In the latest dispute involving Italian and Portuguese workers in Lincolnshire,does anyone on this forum seriously think the present Italian government would sit idly by whilst a British company commenced the construction of a refinery outside,say Naples and turned round and said to the local unemployed workforce"fcuk off,you are not wanted here"?.

I think sooner rarther than latter be prepaired and Broon is with the civil contingencies act

This is very far from being a dead topic. It's the future....the guaranteed future. Why so much illegal commentary on the net, allowed without prosecution? Because the people making the comments are being traced and logged. When anarchy breaks out and there is fighting on the streets, these people, the disgruntled intelligensia, will be quietly eliminated in the midst of the mayhem. Tinfoil hat? Wait and see. My money is on 2012 as the flashpoint.

I think you all need to get out your tin foil hats I really do. I would get mine out but i left it on a black helicopter at the end of night duty last week. You see me and the rest of my team were on an execise in Benbecula with the lizard people.......

Are we likely to see more flash points in society as climate change takes hold and resources get scarcer.... may be. A rise in middle class political activism .... thats a given..

Break down in law and order to the extent of civil war... don't think so its been 500 years since the last one and in those days most people couldn't vote. its alot easier to wait a couple of years and vote them out at the next election..... I think we are looking at another 1945 or 1979 soon.... and I would like someone to do something about the political classes per se... but i don't think there is going to be a blood bath of balkan proportions here (or even NI circa 1972)

Trotsky

Trotsky, you assume that people have any faith in British democracy anymore.
I personally have no faith at all in it, I'm far from alone.
Once the next lot are elected and fail to produce the goods then I think people may stir themselves into some kind of action

auntsis

Old-Salt
Trotsky said:
I think you all need to get out your tin foil hats I really do. I would get mine out but i left it on a black helicopter at the end of night duty last week. You see me and the rest of my team were on an execise in Benbecula with the lizard people.......

Are we likely to see more flash points in society as climate change takes hold and resources get scarcer.... may be. A rise in middle class political activism .... thats a given..

]Break down in law and order to the extent of civil war... [/b]don't think so its been 500 years since the last one and in those days most people couldn't vote.[/b] its alot easier to wait a couple of years and vote them out at the next election..... I think we are looking at another 1945 or 1979 soon.... and I would like someone to do something about the political classes per se... but i don't think there is going to be a blood bath of balkan proportions here (or even NI circa 1972)

Trotsky
Doesn't necessarily have to be a blood bath. The Glorious Revolution was
just over 300 years ago - it was far reaching, gave us the grounding of a real democracy and not a blood bath, albeit the Gordon Riots that sparked it were one of the bloodiest London had seen.

Perhaps my comment was misunderstood.

When I meant it's a dead topic, I meant that it's my, and quite a few other officers that I work with on the Public Order unit I work on, opinion that the decent working, and middle class, people haven't the stomach for any real protest and certainly not violent one.

We actually had a conversation on this topic one night in the van and came to that conclusion. This lack of appetite for such protest, tied in with the large amount of legislation brought in to stifle protest (both lawful or otherwise), will mean that I imagine we'll never see the likes of the Miners strike or poll tax riots again. At the expense of sounding sour grapes they used the legislation to reroute the 25,000 OB to avoid some of the embarrassment and it's not as if they were going to storm parliament was it?

The only ones who have any stomach for such a fight is the swampy rent a mob who turn up and protest at almost anything, but they're a well know quantity and are more interested in smashing Starbucks and Maccas windows than to cause the government or OB any real headaches.

But if the working and middle classes did create a fuss would the government care? They didn't about fox hunting, the war, or even the OB dripping about their pay and look at the numbers who turned out for those.

So sorry if my comment was misconstrued, but I meant the working and middle classes "kicking off" was a dead subject. Not the reasons for them wanting to do so, which are valid. (my bad)

(By working class I don't mean, chav's or swampy either)

TheMinister

Old-Salt
The middle classed viewpoint- personally, I wouldn't be out rioting in the streets. I don't like the direction our government is taking with regards to freedom of speech, civil liberties and human rights BUT things aren't bad enough yet to justify riots.

Why not? Surely it's easier to have a small awareness raising protest whilst our direction can be easily changed, as opposed to the full french revolution?

Personally, it's because if I riot in the streets, I'm no longer anonymous. The police would have me on a million videos and records, and in this age of computers, that is permanent. Bang goes any chance of getting into sandhurst etc. And I think a lot of middle class youths share this same worry- that any action would somehow result in a black mark against their record, which would stay there forever. And as a previous poster said, it takes the middle classes for it to be a damned good riot (ie the greek one- all organized at a uni).

Maybe I'm just being neurotic about this sort of thing. But I don't want to take any chances with my future, not yet at least. And every new bit of anti-terror or anti-pedophile or anti-animal rights protester legislation could end up being thrown straight at dissatisfied citizens like me.

Trotsky said:

Break down in law and order to the extent of civil war... don't think so its been 500 years since the last one and in those days most people couldn't vote. its alot easier to wait a couple of years and vote them out at the next election..... I think we are looking at another 1945 or 1979 soon.... and I would like someone to do something about the political classes per se... but i don't think there is going to be a blood bath of balkan proportions here (or even NI circa 1972)

Trotsky
A lot will depend on how bad things get. If there are no jobs, no money, food shortages etc. there could be violent civil unrest between the elite wealthy - who have caused this with their greed gone amok - and the working people.

You really think voting for tweedle dee or dum will matter when all are in the pocket of international business interests?

indigo

Old-Salt
Its why the cost of petrol keeps going up, to put us off making petrol bombs or pouring it through their letterboxes.

I'd throw all the bloody politicians off the humber bridge but that water underneath is so full of shit already that it would be wrong to pollute it with them!

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
longlivethequeen said:
I must say at least the Army can do riot control loads of practis in Ulster
There are (a) not enough of them (b) they're overseas (c) their families are one of the groups hit hardest by all the bad government we've had.

Would they really do this?

I'd prefer us all writing to Betty and asking her to please sack the Government and install military rule for five years. If enough of us did it, she'd be obliged, surely.

After five years we'd have Civil Servants who are ex-military in place as well as the military rulers. Their mission will be to run the country for the benefit of its citizens, rather than the latest global business corporation or foreign power, lobbyists will be removed, the House of Commons and House of Lords reformed, expenses clarified, duties of an MP documented.

All the other stuff we've mentioned on arrse about benefits, foreign policy, return to common sense law, Human Responsibilities being equal to Human Rights, can be resolved during this time.

Then we return to parliamentary democracy, still using 'first past the post', but with the wings of politicians clipped, and serious repercussions in place for those who try to fly outside their duties.

No blood shed, no military called upon to harm their friends or family, country sorted.

Careful what you wish for....measure them by the way they treat their dogs.