Online security

I've just conducted an online security check on my computer, it failed and the the following was displayed:-

Ping Reply: RECEIVED (FAILED) — Your system REPLIED to our Ping (ICMP Echo) requests, making it visible on the Internet. Most personal firewalls can be configured to block, drop, and ignore such ping requests in order to better hide systems from hackers. This is highly recommended since "Ping" is among the oldest and most common methods used to locate systems prior to further exploitation.
Question is, what settings do I have to tweak to prevent my 'puter from being pinged? This is the only part of the test it failed on. Any suggestions would be appreciated

Your router menu might look something like this:

Main Menu ---> Firewall ---> Advanced ---> WAN Ping Blocking ---> Check Box to Block ICMP Ping

If the menu is different, go through the options 'til you find it.

WAN Ping Blocking
Computer hackers use what is known as "Pinging" to find potential victims on the Internet. By pinging a specific IP address and receiving a response from the IP address, a hacker can determine that something of interest might be there. The Router can be set up so it will not respond to an ICMP Ping from the outside. This heightens the level of security of your Router. To turn off the ping response, select "Block ICMP Ping" and click "Apply". The router will not respond to an ICMP ping.
Remember to click 'Apply' or 'Save settings'

Use a router and NAT/PAT even if you've only one PC, future proofing in case you ever get more and NAT/PAT will get rid of 50% of script kiddies before you start.
A good software firewall (Comodo is free) as the aim of the game is to become a black hole and not show someone who's scanning that you are blocking tcp/udp ports or have ports open. If you want a detailed suggestion you'll need to provide details of your set up (Maybe not so wise on an open forum) but you get the drift.