Online Role Play game - Torn City

• Thread starter PrinceAlbert
  • Start date
If anyone has a PI to rent in a couple of weeks I'm looking :)

Can someone explain any pitfulls to moving up a level from level 1?

Not that I'm paranoid, but it seems to be that kind of game where not everything is obvious
Just keep going. Try and reach 15 ASAP.

If you need anything in game just shout, same username.

Welcome to Torn!

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer

Not that I'm paranoid, but it seems to be that kind of game where not everything is obvious
It increases your life points, making you harder for a peer to attack you

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
I've added you to a PM containing hints and tips. Read and inwardly digest.

It's OK. We'll look after you. Rainbow....

Anyone want to claim this username:

You have successfully referred Shirereiver. Once they have validated, they will be added to your referral list and you will start earning rewards from them as they level up.

How much time does this game take out of your life?
Is there much of a commitment to other players and do you need sitters for your account?
Is there a real cash cost to obtain in-game items that are essential to progress?

The reason I ask is because I used to play Travian (once with an ARRSE clan) and that just took up so much of my time that in the end I had to give it up to get my sanity back. I don't want to be repeating that.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Is there much of a commitment to other players and do you need sitters for your account?
Is there a real cash cost to obtain in-game items that are essential to progress?

The reason I ask is because I used to play Travian (once with an ARRSE clan) and that just took up so much of my time that in the end I had to give it up to get my sanity back. I don't want to be repeating that.
After you reach level 15, you can spend your time in the air, safe from mugging. Flight to Mexico without flight boost, I think 25 minutes. Flight to South Africa, I think 4½ hours. Buy, return home, same length.

If you pay £3.xx per month you get extra energy and gifts. Energy is your life blood. Use it in the gym or to hit people. Five hours to recharge. You can time your game around these (if you don't fly, you can still walk away while your energy is out.)

As you progress, there is more you can do to fill the gaps.

Edit. It helps if you use a referral link (see signature block) and get a sponsor who'll give you a leg up in the early stages to get ahead of your peers. (Decent arms and armour for fighting; a decent home for extra happiness = better gym and crime outcomes; sensible, to-the-point advice, chat and general bonhomie.)

Last edited:
As much or as little as you choose. You can play every day or just once a week.
If you are 'working' for someone in a job you'd be expected to log in every day, that's about the only commitment.
Your choice. There is nothing you HAVE to buy with real money but buying donator status for a month or a whole year gives big'ish benefits.
I used to play a game which took up way too much time. Torn has dialled that right back for me as most of the time you're waiting and you don't need to be online.

If you want to join try my referral link, I get some free stuff if you do and I'll pass on some free stuff to you :)

https://www.torn.com/2238094

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
As much or as little as you choose. You can play every day or just once a week.
If you are 'working' for someone in a job you'd be expected to log in every day, that's about the only commitment.
Your choice. There is nothing you HAVE to buy with real money but buying donator status for a month or a whole year gives big'ish benefits.
I used to play a game which took up way too much time. Torn has dialled that right back for me as most of the time you're waiting and you don't need to be online.

If you want to join try my referral link, I get some free stuff if you do and I'll pass on some free stuff to you :)

https://www.torn.com/2238094
What @exbluejob is worth listening to. His experience of being new to the game is years more relevant than mine.

What @exbluejob is worth listening to. His experience of being new to the game is years more relevant than mine.
Yup I'm a freaking noob! Although I have had a tremendous amount of help, advice and freebies from The Beavers, best faction in the game. Although they can't play for dog toffee.

I play regularly, but it doesn’t take up much of my day.

As has been said, you spend a lot of time waiting - especially in the early days. But you can spend as much or as little time as you wish on there.

There is usually a beaver (ARRSE faction)on, so there is someone to chat to if that’s your thing.

I’ve been playing the longest out of the Beavers, and have the highest stats - by a considerable margin, so if you do join and need any advice or kit - just shout. Likewise if someone makes you there play thing and they need a slap.

MB