Online Razor Companies

Also soap and a brush, works a treat, doesn’t seem to gum up the blades like gel and a lot cheaper than the tinned aerosol stuff. I’m using a mixture of boldking and cornerstone. Depending on what’s in the bag.
Having bought my 5-for-a-quid razors from Spar, I pop to Wilko, where a half-years worth of Wilkinson Sword shaving soap in a bowl costs me about £2.

Job jobbed

Also soap and a brush, works a treat, doesn’t seem to gum up the blades like gel and a lot cheaper than the tinned aerosol stuff. I’m using a mixture of boldking and cornerstone. Depending on what’s in the bag.
To me, that's something more important than which blade you use

To me, that's something more important than which blade you use
erasmic.jpg
Traditional and good. Also reminds me of my wonderful (true) mother-in-law. Her favorite joke was about the Irishman who's wife asked him to get some soap from the chemists. He goes in and asks for some soap for his wife. "Erasmic"? says the chemist. No he says, " it's for her face"..... Maybe you have to be Irish to get it!

View attachment 301248 Traditional and good. Also reminds me of my wonderful (true) mother-in-law. Her favorite joke was about the Irishman who's wife asked him to get some soap from the chemists. He goes in and asks for some soap for his wife. "Erasmic"? says the chemist. No he says, " it's for her face"..... Maybe you have to be Irish to get it!
A joke worthy of coming from the late Hector Nicol

Ive never been happy with shaving. Beard trimmer, electric, multi blade wet, none of them seem to work well, leaving patches and a chin that needs plucking.
Thank goodness for that. I though it was just me. Gilette standard 5-blade FF is the nearest I've got to a decent shave and they don't seem to get much worse over the period of a month. I've just tried some discounted Gilette 5-bladed thing with a yellow protective strip, but it's worse than using a BIC single-blade after stripping paint from a boat. But whatever I do, my face feels like a badger's backside as soon as the blade's gone through.

Olaf Falafel did a gag about how all men would soon have beards, because they couldn't lift a 100 blade razor!
Oh, that's an easy one to resolve. I've just built a Raspberry Pi controlled robot arm to manipulate the razor; next stage is to add rotors and a laser surface mapper to ensure the blades follows the contours. :nod:

I've started using the Harry's blades; three weeks in and I've just replaced the first blade this morning. About half the price blade for blade of the razor I was using, and little discernible difference to the quality of the shave (I had a Gillette with a buzzy handle which weirdly did seem to make a difference, but the blade replacement costs were taking the piss). No problems so far...

Edited to add: there's a lubey strip on the Harry's blade, which didn't appear to dry out/ discoulour / deform from three weeks' use. So either it's brilliant, or it's a fake and the whole lube thing was bollocks anyway.

Thread bump,

So how did you get on.
My trial pack arrived today and will be getting used in the morning.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
Thread bump,

So how did you get on.
Really good, timely deliveries, no problem with the blades at all. Even got my son using them as well!

I've steered away from using their other shaving products (Lidl shaving gel does the job fine, and skincare potions & lotions are for girls IMHO.

Well worth it all in all.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
Thread bump,

So how did you get on.
Blimey, I've been using Harry razors for three years! Where did the time go?

Thread bump,

So how did you get on.
I just couldn't get on with them. I felt the shave was no where near as close as my Gillette blades, and I got a lot more friction bumps from them.

I also didn't think they lasted at all. I change my Gillette blade every 4-5 shaves, the Harry's one was crap after 2. My stubble is like wire wool though!

I just wish Gillette would do something about the ridiculous costs.

F'Kin hell!

I use Feather double edge safety razors. Approx £20 for a pack of 100 = 20p a blade.
I bin the blade after a week so I get just short of a years shaving for £10.
The shave cream I use costs £17 and lasts about 4 months = £51 a year.
My Merkur 34c razor cost about £35, must have had it about 10 years. Easily last another 10 years.
My shave brush cost £25 5 years ago, probably another 5 years in it.
All up, about £65 a year.
The Feather blades (supposedly one of the sharpest available) gives a close shave, takes 5 minutes or so.
Horses for courses though as not everyone gets on with safety razors.

Use cheap blades from Liddel for the week. Weekends have a Merkur safety razor with a stock of different blades from eBay.

Proraso shaving soap with a brush . Lux.

1593687767429.jpeg

Double edge razors are cheap, very efficient and environmentally better than the countless, disposable plastic ones.
Online decent razor blades in packs of 100 are sub £10
A brush and soap from most supermarkets are about £5 and the soap lasts months.
Hot water and 5 minutes is all it takes for a good shave , I have less irritation than before.

I now have a very good razor (from Santa) and i do spend a little more on a particular soap and aftershave balm ...still under £15 and they last ages . I spend maybe £30 a year and shave 5 days a week minimum.

I started with one of these for less than a £5 ( yes its plastic but doesn't get thrown out when blade dulls) I still use it when travelling ..5 years on

Blimey, I've been using Harry razors for three years! Where did the time go?
Never mind the time, think of the money you could have saved by going to Lidl and buying the same blades for less!

lert

LE
Thread bump,

So how did you get on.
True story. Harry's were bought out by the owners of Wilkinson for $1.4bn. Why so much for a hacky little razor company? Because they're a subscription company and the value is your data.

I just couldn't get on with them. I felt the shave was no where near as close as my Gillette blades, and I got a lot more friction bumps from them.

I also didn't think they lasted at all. I change my Gillette blade every 4-5 shaves, the Harry's one was crap after 2. My stubble is like wire wool though!

I just wish Gillette would do something about the ridiculous costs.
4-5 shaves? F**k me I get 4-5 months out of mine - albeit with one of these:
Razor Blade Sharpener BLADE MAGIC 2.0 Cleaner Premium Easy Clean Hassle Free Safe Shaving Cream Prefect for Clean Long Lasting Gillette Fusion Razor Blade Edge (from Amazon)

Latest Threads