Online Prescription service providers

sand_rat

Old-Salt
Have been looking but cannot see any other thread, so to start our GP is retiring (a one man band) so we are having to join another practice (which ironically will be in the same surgery).
Done the paperwork but as we have repeat prescriptions we have to have an online service provider and we have been give the list below, experience of any of them that are recommended, equally any that we should touch with the proverbial barge pole.
Ta in anticipation.

We are using Patient Access as it is the one used by our surgery.
Not had a problem with it so far.

load_fin

War Hero
Patient access to order repeats then script is sent electronically to Sainsbury's, then pick up in person.

Considering switching to an online pharmacy that posts stuff to me. Is that what you are being asked to do?

It may depend on your medication. Some drugs cannot be processed digitally and still need a paper script. This will sit at the GPs until the pharmacy collect it, which can calls problems in itself.

Point of note, GP receptionists get upset when you bollock them and so do GPs who try to tell you off.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
Do you need them delivered? My chemist is next door to the GPs and gives us a bell when they are ready and one of us calls when we are passing.

Rab_C

War Hero
+1 for patient access but have just started using the NHS app that also allows prescriptions.

My surgery use MyGP and Patient Access. I've had no issues with MyGP and the repeat ordering has been pretty smooth.

Patient Access here too. The order goes to the practice to be ok'd who then place the order with the adjacent pharmacy. They have a home delivery service and it arrives a couple of days later.
Never had a problem.

sand_rat

Old-Salt
Patient access to order repeats then script is sent electronically to Sainsbury's, then pick up in person.

Considering switching to an online pharmacy that posts stuff to me. Is that what you are being asked to do?
The retiring GP had its own pharmacy, so you 'posted' your paper prescription in a letterbox in thee lobby, and then 3 days later collected it at reception (obviously slight changed now but essentially the same process).
New practice doesnt have a pharmacy so this is the way forward. The prescription goes to the surgery, I collect.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Pah, who needs electronic prescriptions, such a luxury is not available to all prescribers.

Some of us still have to scrawl illegible scribblings on paper for the victim to take my hand to the pharmacists

offog

LE
For a number of years my one has been rolled over and picked up by the chemist (Lloyds) and I collect the drugs.

Couple of months ago they said that you will need to reorder via the surgery as this method was stopping. It was explained that due to large numbers of prescriptions being rolled over but patients not needing them or having changes, a lot of money was wasted on drugs that were not used (a point underlined by my wife who is a CPN and would often remove out of date or not need drugs from patients).

Reordered via the surgeries web page and collected by the chemist for the next one and now seems to rolled over as they rung me up to come and collect it. So basically same system as before I just need to remember to collect them. I only see the prescription when I pick up the drugs and tick to say I want the next one.

The retiring GP had its own pharmacy, so you 'posted' your paper prescription in a letterbox in thee lobby, and then 3 days later collected it at reception (obviously slight changed now but essentially the same process).
New practice doesnt have a pharmacy so this is the way forward. The prescription goes to the surgery, I collect.
GP Practice I use has online repeat ordering and a list of pharmacies that collect scrips. Patient then collects scrip, or drugs from pharmacy. Most of the larger pharmacies also offer service to automatically order repeat on customer's behalf

Doubt they're unique, also supports local pharmacies

I don’t know what happened with my pharmacy a while ago. I received a letter from the NHS accusing me of prescription fraud (I don’t pay for my meds). I called up the number on the letter, the woman I spoke to was great but wanted evidence, I asked her to google my name. She came back on a minute later, apologised and said it was all sorted now.

My pharmacy is within spitting distance of my GP. But eight out of ten times they *uck up and I have to walk around the corner and get the paper scrip from the surgery.
It has improved a little bit ,but having to wait half an hour for the pharmacy staff to pick up a packet of pills and put it in a paper bag pisses me off.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
I don’t know what happened with my pharmacy a while ago. I received a letter from the NHS accusing me of prescription fraud (I don’t pay for my meds). I called up the number on the letter, the woman I spoke to was great but wanted evidence, I asked her to google my name. She came back on a minute later, apologised and said it was all sorted now.
Good job you didn't give your ARRSE name, you'd have been sectioned by now.

Union Jack

Old-Salt
My family has had conistently excellent service from Pharmacy2U for some years, which has been particularly helpful of late.

Jack

Good job you didn't give your ARRSE name, you'd have been sectioned by now.
Im sweetness and light on here, it’s all you cünts make me look bad.

Who do you think you are? Ronnie Pickering?

Last edited:
I use superdrug, order through them, they ping the Dr, get an eprescription and then send pills through Royal Mail, been great. Wife uses Tesco, same schtick except they text her when hers is ready and she collects when shopping.

Latest Threads