Online medical questionnaire

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by militarygirl123, Sep 5, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. okay so im a bit confused about the whole process ive just filled my online medical out (the one that gets sent to you via email) and they said they'd contact me shortly, ive been doing a bit of research and 4 days after completing it i decided to contact my local gp to see if she'd recieved anything and she said no, (apparently the afco checks with your gp and sends paperwork for my gp to fill out after reading through your questionnaire to see if theres anything wrong and if not they pass me and send me a email) is that how it works???
    if so is there a way i can speed this process up, by collecting my medical from my gp and taking it to afco myself as i heard this can add a extra week on to waiting)?? any advice would be great:) [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Unless you answered yes to any of the things in the medical questionnaire you've got nothing to worry about. No one has the right to see your medical records without your permission. If something did come up in the questionnaire they want checking out, they will get you to visit your gp and get a form filled out. I wouldn't advise waiting for them to contact you as you could be waiting a long time, call them reasonably often just to know what's going on.

3. It's only been 3 days since you sent it off, give it a bit more time possibly a couple of weeks, you aren't the only one trying to sign up.