Online application stuck at Eligibility check

RIP my inbox.

how long does it normally take to get a date for the assessment?
After the Army Brief? Anywhere between 6 weeks and six months!

It all depends on how long it takes to get your meducal forms back from your GP, how long it takes for the clinical team to look at them and make a decision, and whether or not any further infornation is needed.

Two months is about normal, but lots of things can affect it and make it longer.

Definitely - joining the Army is not a quick thing - the quickest I have seen in this year was four months but he was a one off.

Six to nine months is about normal.
Is that from start of online application to start of phase one or is that just the wait from the brief to the date of assessment?

Is that from start of online application to start of phase one or is that just the wait from the brief to the date of assessment?
From Army Brief to Phase 1. That is only a rough estimate though - it can take a lot longer, and also depends on intake dates for your job role

Army Brief to Assessment SHOULD take about three months but it is just a massive lottery and there are so many things that could slow it down - there really is no definitive answer on how long it takes.

They are bringing in a "new" idea of giving you an assessment date when you go for your brief - they have done this before and it didnt work then - so few people were getting cleared by the time their date came up that they had to be pulled off and given new dates.

From Army Brief to Phase 1. That is only a rough estimate though - it can take a lot longer, and also depends on intake dates for your job role

Army Brief to Assessment SHOULD take about three months but it is just a massive lottery and there are so many things that could slow it down - there really is no definitive answer on how long it takes.

They are bringing in a "new" idea of giving you an assessment date when you go for your brief - they have done this before and it didnt work then - so few people were getting cleared by the time their date came up that they had to be pulled off and given new dates.
Does it also depend on the role you applied for? so those more in demand get shorter dates versus those not so in demand get longer dates?

I'm joining the Royal Artillery so I dunno how in demand they are compared to infantry

Does it also depend on the role you applied for? so those more in demand get shorter dates versus those not so in demand get longer dates?

I'm joining the Royal Artillery so I dunno how in demand they are compared to infantry
RA have regular intakes, sometimes 2 or 3 a month, so you shouldn't have to wait long. Infantry might have one or two intakes a month.

Some of the trade roles, particularly the RE roles might have one or two intakes a year.

RA have regular intakes, sometimes 2 or 3 a month, so you shouldn't have to wait long. Infantry might have one or two intakes a month.

Some of the trade roles, particularly the RE roles might have one or two intakes a year.
Thank you, I'm a bit surprised about the 2 or 3 intakes a Month; more then infantry, why?

I find it frankly appalling that the army are making it so difficult to join not on the basis of ability or character, but this sodding garbage excuse for IT!
Its a civvy firm, Capita, that deals with all this. It worked when the Army used to take care of it. Blame them mate.

It’s a partnership and it didn’t, but don’t let the truth ^~
I am not going to get into a row on this thread mate, but Capita are responsible for publishing, maintaining and responding to enquiries from the website. If you want to discuss it further, start a thread for that purpose.

I am not going to get into a row on this thread mate, but Capita are responsible for publishing, maintaining and responding to enquiries from the website. If you want to discuss it further, start a thread for that purpose.
I am not that bothered, but like I said, it’s a partnership, there are plenty of military working throughout the project, including in the NRC.

Everyone likes to blame Capita, they've become the whipping boy for Army recruitment. However the Army are intricately involved in all aspects within RG - no decision is made without their say so.

Everyone likes to blame Capita, they've become the whipping boy for Army recruitment. However the Army are intricately involved in all aspects within RG - no decision is made without their say so.
I imagine they would be, as the client in this equation. Capita get a handsome sum, Imagine, for what they said they would do. All they have to do is deliver on what they said they would do, and what they are being payed handsomely to deliver. You are the CEO of capita and I claim all them millions back for negligence to the Armys contract

I imagine they would be, as the client in this equation. Capita get a handsome sum, Imagine, for what they said they would do. All they have to do is deliver on what they said they would do, and what they are being payed handsomely to deliver. You are the CEO of capita and I claim all them millions back for negligence to the Armys contract
And you know absoloutly nothing about the KPI regime and therefore, the whole of your post is summed up by the word in bold :)

And you know absoloutly nothing about the KPI regime and therefore, the whole of your post is summed up by the word in bold :)
You have got me bang to rights there cupcake. I must confess, all this time, I have been trying to hide the fact that Capita not only do the whole thing for nothing, it is actually the Army that produce the Capita website for them, all the literature, and even man the phones. I was hoping that no one as intelligent, obviously good looking and well endowed as you would not catch me out.

Latest Threads