Online application process

#1
Can anybody shed any light on to the online application process for the TA? How long is it before you are contacted, is it normally by telephone, letter or email. What happens next??? any offerings to the above would be welcome, if its already been covered in a thread please point the way as i think my patients is wearing thin.

Darbs
 
#2
darbs said:
Can anybody shed any light on to the online application process for the TA? How long is it before you are contacted, is it normally by telephone, letter or email. What happens next??? any offerings to the above would be welcome, if its already been covered in a thread please point the way as i think my patients is wearing thin.

Darbs
My advice is.... physically walk into a TAC instead. None of the many reserve forces online forms (including RNR) I filled in have garnered any response, even after waiting 1 1/2 years...

Or get a phone number, ask for a named person, then keep ringing till you get stuff through the post..
 
#3
My advice is ditch the online application, all you will get is some leaflets telling you how brill it is.

Want to join the TA ? The simply rock up on a drill night, its normally either 7 or 8 pm on a Tuesday and talk to them. If you have an Army Careers Information Office near by then pop in there, they should have all the details of local units as we have an One Army Recruiting policy now

Where in the world are you and what sort of thing strokes your goat ?
 
#4
ITs only been two weeks and its doing my head in. Called a TA office yesterday and was told we dont deal with the online apps, civvys do it! WTF
 
#5
wellyhead said:
My advice is ditch the online application, all you will get is some leaflets telling you how brill it is.

Want to join the TA ? The simply rock up on a drill night, its normally either 7 or 8 pm on a Tuesday and talk to them. If you have an Army Careers Information Office near by then pop in there, they should have all the details of local units as we have an One Army Recruiting policy now

Where in the world are you and what sort of thing strokes your goat ?
Bloody channel islands, The one WITH OUT a TA center which maybe the reason i have not herd anything. Jersy has one but that would mean i would have to ferry it across each week plus hotel so i imagine it would cost a bit.
 
#6
Ha ha ha ha

nice one.

That'll blow the OAR process.
 
#7
darbs said:
Bloody channel islands, The one WITH OUT a TA center which maybe the reason i have not herd anything.
Is that Sark? They might let you herd a cow, you can armour it up and everything, fend off the French :D
 
#8
Rumpelstiltskin said:
darbs said:
Bloody channel islands, The one WITH OUT a TA center which maybe the reason i have not herd anything.
Is that Sark? They might let you herd a cow, you can armour it up and everything, fend off the French :D
HAHAHAHA FECKING HAHA, no its guernsey. To late for sark the french are already there.
 
#9
darbs said:
ITs only been two weeks and its doing my head in. Called a TA office yesterday and was told we dont deal with the online apps, civvys do it! WTF
What's so suprising that the Civvies deal with it? Who did you expect? TA soldiers? Only part time old chap remember, they have jobs to go do. You'll find a lot of admin is done by Civil Servants of a variety or another
 
#10
Mongoose said:
darbs said:
ITs only been two weeks and its doing my head in. Called a TA office yesterday and was told we dont deal with the online apps, civvys do it! WTF
What's so suprising that the Civvies deal with it? Who did you expect? TA soldiers? Only part time old chap remember, they have jobs to go do. You'll find a lot of admin is done by Civil Servants of a variety or another
Yer guess so.
 
#11
No T&S from Guernsey.

You're sunk.
 
#12
I merely enquired one night about my eligibility (I carry two passports, and one isn't a commonwealth country) using the "real-time" chat-room style enquiry service (it's on the website). I gave no indication that I was in any way decided about joining at all.

The next day I had in my email inbox an application form, security clearance questionnaire, and medical questionnaire.

Two days later, without any further contact from me, I got a letter from the TA saying something like, "In response to your request to join the TA, we are happy to send you this CD-ROM and information booklet".

Now, while not exactly being "hard sell" - I could have just not replied - I was surprised with the co-ordinated efficiency of the recruiting department. Especially given this is a (usually under-resourced) department of a publicly funded organisation. I work for the NHS, and know how slow things *can* go.

That said, since I have joined the communication has dried up completely. Also, it's been over three months since my commissioning board and I am still waiting for an officer's number! If it was an operation in the NHS, I'd have had it by now and we all know it's a matter of typing a few keys on a keyboard.

My experience - good communication on the way in, slick recruiting with timings to suit and good contacts; it all stalls after you're in. I guess "the chase" is over, and they've moved on to someone else.

FF.
 
#13
Friendly_Fire said:
My experience - good communication on the way in, slick recruiting with timings to suit and good contacts; it all stalls after you're in. I guess "the chase" is over, and they've moved on to someone else.
FF.
I don't know, I'm trying to become a DETAPO, and have been waiting for the MO to come back off holiday before they can process me. It's been a long holiday...
 
#14
Friendly_Fire said:
Two days later, without any further contact from me, I got a letter from the TA saying something like, "In response to your request to join the TA, we are happy to send you this CD-ROM and information booklet".
I actually requested that infor a week or two ago and have heard nothing back, maybe they're on their summer holidays.

:)
 
#15
Took about 5 weeks for the info to turn up from inputting details: admittedly it was the new 'One Army' brochure so they may have been waiting for them. The accompanying letter was a bit poor though - didn't mention local units and the map box said 'map not available'!

Happily an arrser of this parish managed to send the DVD etc out in about ooh one day.. as well as the 'getting fit for the army' stuff as well.
 
#16
Hi,
What is the age limit for joining the TA. I'm ex regular army Sigs and pondering about joining the TA.
Thing is I'm 40 now, I'm guessing that's too old?
Do they make exceptions if you can offer exceptional trade skills that would benefit a particular unit?
Cheers.
 
#18
Cheers Crivelli,
You're spot on the mark with the info.
On the the strength of your post I contacted my local Regiment yesterday. I spoke to a Captain who seem keen for me to pop along, so I'm going to meet someone from the training wing tommorow evening !

Nice one.
 
#19
Roaring_Lion said:
Cheers Crivelli,
You're spot on the mark with the info.
On the the strength of your post I contacted my local Regiment yesterday. I spoke to a Captain who seem keen for me to pop along, so I'm going to meet someone from the training wing tommorow evening !

Nice one.
Well, you don't mess about and I'm not suprised they're biting your hand off. Qualified personel must be rarer than hens teeth. Did they tell you to bring any paperwork? I may be wrong but I think the age limit has always been higher for exReg, so you would have probably been ok for age even before the recent changes. Good luck tomorrow.


Those five sentences almost constituted an example of the English language ..... almost.
:D

I will hopefully know by this Saturday as to whether I can get a shift swap and try for a place on the London Reg's Insight Weekend in July that I mentioned on the previous page. Which would be nice.
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads