Online application bollocks?

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Reserve Recruitment' started by Jodster, May 27, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. So I created a new account on the website and then submitted an application so a few days later I thought I'd check to see how it's going. Try logging into my account then "SORRY, AN ERROR OCCURRED WHILE PROCESSING YOUR REQUEST." Okay, no biggy so I logged into my old account and then created an application so then I tried submitting it and it seems to be taking forever to submit. I phoned them up and asked about this problem their response was "we're having technical difficulties with the system" that was a week ago. The new process of all this is complete bollocks. It was 100% faster in 2011 when I signed up for the TA. I went down to my old squadron and they said it's suppose to be less paperwork and a faster process. Is it ****. Anyone else having problems or is it just me?

2. Yes I'm having problems!! I filled my application the end of April/ beginning of may. I submitted it the day I filled it out, they then sent my medical eligibility questionnaire, filled that out. Went to send it and it wouldn't send! :frustrated: I then phoned them up and they said apparently it's my "internet explorer" even though I've got the latest one? they then said they would re-send another med form but it could take up too four weeks :frustrated: the guy I spoke to on the phone didn't seem to have a clue what was going on! You're right the new process is utter bollocks!!

3. Your not the only one mate.. I submitted my application 2nd April and haven't heard a ******* thing, not even had a medical form sent through or anything! Its a joke.
    I've been advised to ring the recruitment response team tomorrow, so i'm going to do that and give them a bit of ear ache!!

Bring back the old process, pen & paper and contact with a real person rather than getting barely a response down the phone!

4. I thought I was alone. This new process is crap. Bring back pen and paper, I just can't understand it. I create an application and can't send it off. I create an account and can't get onto it and they blame it on the system. If it's the system they should sort it out ASAP. Even my captain in my old squadron said it's bollocks.

5. Now I can't seem to get onto my other account either. That's 2 accounts now that I can't get into. Their website and whole new recruitment process is a bloody joke!

6. The problem they found was if you say you are ex serving it locked up. So with me the clicked all the options to say I have never served (on the suggestion of the central recruiters) and state in the notes my service number etc...

They seem confident it will be less than a month to get me back in.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

7. So I should just click the option I've never served and in the notes put my service number?

8. I had the same problems and was advised to do this too. It went through fine then.

9. I've clicked the options to say I haven't served but, I can't see anywhere to add notes. :s Could anyone help me because this is really starting to annoy me now :mad:

10. So should I just untick that I'm an ex? and add to the comments my service number?

11. Okay I'll phone them in the morning I'm getting fed up of trying to submit my application it's really annoying me. I hope they can give me a solution to my problem.