Ongoing RIRA bomb threat?

The Grundiad is reporting that the RIRA have smuggled a large bomb into the North. If true, is a wee bit scary...
I was at the demonstration in Belfast today thinking that it made a rather tempting target.

Security forces on both sides of the Irish border are hunting tonight for a dissident republican bomb, after intelligence reports the Real IRA has smuggled a large device into Northern Ireland from the south, the Guardian has learned.

The alert began on Monday before Continuity IRA killed PC Stephen Carroll. He will be buried tomorrow after requiem mass in his home town of Banbridge, County Down.

As border security tightened with extra checkpoints and patrols, sources in Dublin and Belfast said "intelligence traffic" indicated a plot to explode a bomb in the north, and the device had been transported across the border by car.

"The red light went up on Monday and there is a panic on that the next thing to happen is a bomb somewhere in the north," one veteran security officer said yesterday. "The problem is that no one either in the PSNI [Police Service of Northern Ireland] or the Garda appears to have specific intelligence where it is destined for." The security forces believe the device is similar in size to the 300lb car bomb that dissidents left abandoned in Castlewellan, County Down last month.

Bad news indeed. If they do set it off (which I hope doesn't happen), they really will have fücked themselves then. It's clear that folks have no mind at all to take a step backwards. They'll have the whole of the community against them, the murderous bästards.

MsG

They don't seem to care. They've justified to themselves the direction they want to go and it seems little (other than getting caught or killed) will deter them.

Schleswig-Holstein said:
The Grundiad is reporting that the RIRA have smuggled a large bomb into the North. If true, is a wee bit scary...
I was at the demonstration in Belfast today thinking that it made a rather tempting target.
Well done with the march my friend. Though looking at the idea of bombing the march in PR terms, it would have been the death warrent of the RIRA. Evil: yes. Daft: No.

Col Tim Collins is suggesting that the IRA, in it's many guises may some turn to fratricide.
john
Seems some folk, guess who, have made a nice lifestyle for themselves out of the Peace dividend and don't want it ruinind.

Romeo_47 said:
How would the media know first...
you mean before any official info/int press release?
you know what some coppers are like when you wave a bit of folding infront of them.
bet there were more then a couple who quickly and quietly slipped away to send a txt off as soon as the briefing was over.
all trying to be first in to 'scoop' up a bit of a bonus.

DrStealth said:
Romeo_47 said:
you know what some coppers are like when you wave a bit of folding infront of them.
bet there were more then a couple who quickly and quietly slipped away to send a txt off as soon as the briefing was over.
There is always one dick wad. One of those, who like 'folding' just got dead. Prick. Show some respect.

Penis.

DrStealth said:
Romeo_47 said:
Ah because thats the immediate first thought. Not that the press might have their fingers in pies or someone with a lose gob within the RIRA ranks looking for some "folded."

Grade A - Class 1 - Pleb!!!

Must dash. Need to txt one of many reporters I know and brief them that there is pleb with a short memory on the rumour service!

To suggest any member of the security forces would do anything of the sort when this weeks score is 3 - 0 to the away team is insulting!!!

nottyash said:
DrStealth said:
Romeo_47 said:
There is always one dick wad. One of those, who like 'folding' just got dead. Prick. Show some respect.

Penis.
fair one. your right, good call on me.

but you know as well as i do my point is still true though. there are some who do.
I didnt post it as a sweeping generalisation.

Just re-watched the cira recruits. Hoodie chavs or wht?

I noticed that the Guardian discussed the infiltration of the "South Armagh IRA" and named the agent who had infiltrated. To me that is a bit scarier than the fact that the media got the bomb information from someone. That could put a good man in danger. As to who leaked, my guess would be a politician trying to impress a journo with how important he is as he has the inside information.

Of course I have a very low opinion of politicians of all sorts and varieties.

There was a 300lb bomb found in Castlewellan a few weeks ago, securty forces thought it may have been destined for Ballykinler camp. Todays news is'nt suprising, they are determined to drag the country back to the bad old days.

jonwilly said:
Col Tim Collins is suggesting that the IRA, in it's many guises may some turn to fratricide.
john
Seems some folk, guess who, have made a nice lifestyle for themselves out of the Peace dividend and don't want it ruinind.
Have to admit the idea of the various varieties of IRA / SF etc killing each other off has a great deal appeal. The more the merrier for the rest of the human race.

Killing one another was done before - with great benefit to others in that while they have a go at each other thay are not so dangerous to the innocent. Think OIRA/PIRA/INLA/IRSP and all tha others - including some loyalist groupings. This was in 1969 and the early 1970's and the suggestion was that certain aspects of this were encouraged by someone like "them".
It is easy to research that era; and it tells of this in detail.

I agree Punch, but I doubt if any of them needed any encouragement to start killing off each other. During one of my tours there were loads of bodies turning up all over NI, and all of the them victims of their own ilk. As poetic justice it was excellent.

I'm waiting for the Surreal IRA to hit Belfast with some serious contemporary mime theatre.

Worried of Luton