Ongoing Help them out Booty case

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Mighty_doh_nut, Jul 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. 2 blinded Royal Marines and their families travelling to Espagne in August. With it being peak the units and associations haven't contributed all to the flights.

Accomodation of the highest standard has been provided and with time now on our sides (no need to book for two weeks) we are able to pester for the short fall.

I'm not around now for a couple of weeks but please don't let the fact that I'm not here to beg and nag stop you continuing to support the 'Help them out' campaign.

Flights for the families are about 1800 but we don't need anything like that amount, we need about 465.

I reckon we can nail this by month end?

Paypal: Hooverbags @ msn.com

Lloyds: C. Lee
    Sort code: 77-51-01
    Acct Number: 54713568

HSBC: C.Lee
    Sort Code: 40-02-00
    Acct number: 22286017

Spanish Dave maybe able to elaborate more on the injuries, but being blind is bad enough, no matter what else is wrong with them

Clearly an appartment with a view wasn't priority :D

2. Spanish_Dave

Spanish_Dave LE Good Egg (charities)

They cant see the sights we can anymore but they will be able to sense the surroundings

3. Grownup_Rafbrat

Grownup_Rafbrat LE Good Egg (charities)

You'll be asking for donations to provide 'touch and feel' experiences for them, will you?

4. And sample the offerings of the Irish bar............. If we can get them there :D

5. £30 by Paypal sent MDN

6. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

OMG ... how really, really tragic.

Excuse me, I'm going to do this one on RR as a new thread ... :(

[edit = done]

[edit 2 = another RR dickweed surfaces ...]

7. napier

napier LE Moderator Reviewer

£30 sent

8. blue-sophist

Napier, our thanks.

And, Huzzah ... a PM from Baghdad, no less, via RR.
    I bet he's a Bootie and not a chip-munching Fish-head :wink:

9. Give money to Bootnecks?
    You must think I'm Barking!
    Oh... I am.
    Ballbags. Here's £20.00 into your Lloyds TSB account.

Mutter mutter, that's my bl00dy beer chitties gone for tonight. :wink:

...and anyway, I always have consideration for the blind, see my sig. :D

10. £20 sent

11. blue-sophist

Fooking good oh, and thanks!!
    And to that other good person whose ID is now invisible ... Aaah, Archer, thanks very much!

I insist on pointing out I'm ex-RN, ex-RAF and was in the Army CCF briefly [until I made the 3rd Form, when we were allowed to join the RAF Section and move up in society!].

12. You're welcome, it's peeing it down here tonight and I'm stopping in to veg out in front of the box and raiding the beer stash from the fridge instead. :D

13. I'm changing banks at the moment so things are up in the air, but you can the £12.86 that left's in my Paypal account.

14. blue-sophist

Excuse me, but my eyes are a bit 'fragile' at the moment.
    There's the current case, and people are still giving [please, no need to say how much] ... to 2 Royal Marines, whose case is being touted on an Army website by a retired RAF git, some ex-AAC door-gunner with a hamster fetish and his amigo who owns half of Spain..
    Do we give a single sh1t?
    NO WE DON'T.

I lived safe for 30 years. Some guys these days don't ... in fact, too many of them don't, and that digs deep into my soul, actually.

I frankly don't give a sh1t about uniform or capbadge, because I come from a tri-Service family background, and I've spent so much time with a bunch of tri-Service mates that I really don't care any more what they wear.

ANY Serviceman who deserves a bit of help gets my vote ... even Mick, the Chelsea In-Pensioner who comes over here every year for poppy Appeal [just in case you're reading this, you dreadful little man!]

15. blue-sophist

And a good Bootie in Baghdad is in live ... thanks, mate. :wink:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.