One way to stop a chance of Election

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by DesktopCommando, May 11, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. With all the gaining momentum of UKIP or at the least a choice on a EU referendum, Liabour has made sure it has ignored the people.Miliband Rules Out EU Referendum Promise Miliband has rejected calls for Labour to promise a referendum on Britain's membership of the European Union. The Labour leader has responded to the renewed debate on membership of the EU following the UK Independence Party's success last week in the local elections and the intervention of former Chancellors Lord Lawson and Lord Lamont, who both said they would vote to leave in any future referendum. Ed Miliband told the New Labour think tank Progress: "We will always stand up for the national interest. "And our national interest lies in staying in the European Union and working for the changes that will make it work better for Britain." It also emerged that Labour MPs are expected to vote against a proposed Conservative backbench motion criticising the Queen's speech for failing to contain a bill allowing for an in/out referendum. Some Conservative backbenchers want the Prime Minister's promise of a referendum in 2017 to be enshrined in law before the next election....more on page
  2. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

• Like Like x 1
  3. They do not want to consult the people.
    Even the late Mr Foot would have.....worrying really but its gravy jobs when the twats get kicked out all in the wash for them.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. UKIP is hurting Conservatives, of course Labour aren't doing anything about it. Besides why do we need ANOTHER referendum on Europe?
  5. Wasn't it Labour who,when in office in the sixties,started the whole ball rolling with regard to the negotiations for joining the THEN Common Market.I know Heath signed us in in 1973,but IIRC Labour had to abolish capital punishment as a pre-condition of entry.Seems that their position hasn't changed...
  6. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

I know I was out of the country a lot between 1970 and 1990 but when did I miss the first one.
  7. 1973.
  8. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

Yep remember that one, they bought the voting booths to the prairie of BATUS, but we where only allowed to vote on the Common Market which was about trade amongst those who signed up, there was nothing about supporting more free loading politicians who where unable to find a proper job. They must have spiked our papers.