one up the arrse for the BNP

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Fang_Farrier, May 11, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Fang_Farrier

Fang_Farrier LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

2. 8O

Tankie and I were just discussing this yesterday while watching "Downfall"...Goering and the so-called "Pink Swastika"...former Republican speechwriters that suddenly come screaming out of the closet...there are some other examples but I'm having a hard time pulling them out. So so speak.

Anyway, is there some internal defense mechanism in some people that, fearing they're gay, seek out hard-right politics? As if focusing on the "sinister other" will somehow deflect attention from their own secret "otherness"?

Or do they just happen to like the taste of togder too?

3. How clever!! Following their success against Labour, the BNP are now after the Lib Dem vote! I didn't realise they were such an inclusive party!

4. msr

msr LE

On one rightwing website, a poll has been created next to a picture of the BNP man asking: "Is this a poofter or what?"

5. Hahahahhahahahhahahaaa :D

6. maninblack

maninblack LE Book Reviewer

I find the attitude of the Guardian to be vastly hypocritical but in no way surprising.

The Grauniad is the mouthpiece of the chattering middle class PC brigade. It is a Stalinist rag that panders to those who regard screaming abuse at people who disagree with them as the way to improve society, hence anyone who disagrees with the “correct” view is Nazi/fascist/sexist/racist/bigoted (delete as applicable)

Now if I were to publicly state, from a prominent platform, that the work of Derek Jarman was a series of sad, gay fantasies the Grauniad and all it’s little school teachers, social workers and HR managers who sup and gain succour at this nipple of oppression would scream that I was a bigoted homophobe and yet, when they have a chance to prey on homophobia to attack a member of the BNP, then they see no wrong in this.

Two wrongs don’t make a right.

7. Two things I hate... Homophobia.... and shirtlifters!

8. I'm with maninblack on this on. Moreover, the Grauniad and the BBC always refer to to the BNP as a 'Far Right' organisation - insinuating that they are only slightly removed from right-wing Tories. The BNP's policies, imo, are more extreme left and organised their campaignd accordingly to appeal to the disaffected working classes.

9. Politics is circular. If a party goes far enough right, they will eventually join up with the most extreme left

(edited due to mlaaaring whilst typing)

10. Depends what you mean by extreme? In todays political world, it's anyone that disagrees with the Neue Arbeit Junta!
    I find uncontrolled borders and early release of killers extreme personally.

11. It was also picked up yesterday by the Telegraph and the BBC.

I definitely see MiB's and flipflop's point about the Guardian's editorial bias. But could it not be argued that, in the context of the BNP's policies, this particular item could be considered newsworthy?

12. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

Why not take it up with the Guardian's Readers Editor then?

13. Well it WAS a long time ago.... maybe he is cured now?

14. While this may be hard for supporters of a party opposed to the "promotion" of homosexuality to swallow

Unfortunate choice of words?

Maybe not.

15. Eh? If they're criticising him at all (and where is this article critical?) it's not for being gay, they're criticising him for being a hypocrite - i.e. appearing to have strong bottybothering tendencies while representing a party which seeks to make gayess illegal.