• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

One up- manship

Does anybody else experiance childish behavior at their units. Is it just my unit that seems to be full of soldiers with no previous military experiance except their basic training and a couple of courses think that they know everything already. Examples are whinging about being a trained soldier for 18 months and not being promoted, disliking senior ranks because they instill discipline, bragging how much time they put in(they are unemployed by the way).
I really dont think they understand the army ethos of teamwork as they have not done any real soldiering ie tours all they seem interested in is is what they have done with senior nco's at the weekend and putting down people who they are jealous of

IT PISSES ME OFF

Calm down, dear, they're only Stabs.....

I remember terrible arguments about who should vacuum the training room and who had brought an extra iron with them because the irons in the store were all in use. Awful, it was.

Does anybody else experiance childish behavior at their units. Is it just my unit that seems to be full of soldiers with no previous military experiance except their basic training and a couple of courses think that they know everything already. Examples are whinging about being a trained soldier for 18 months and not being promoted, disliking senior ranks because they instill discipline, bragging how much time they put in(they are unemployed by the way).
I really dont think they understand the army ethos of teamwork as they have not done any real soldiering ie tours all they seem interested in is is what they have done with senior nco's at the weekend and putting down people who they are jealous of

IT PISSES ME OFF
After being in the Brownies so long you've got raised expectations love.

Wait out mate and after being in a while you will probably think the same, when i get back from mobilisation there will be new guys, guys who were privates that are now lance jacks, lance jacks who are now full screws ect. Its just the way it is sometimes, the unepmloyed are usually keener as it becomes more of an obession then a part time job, they will be on herrick 17 soon

And winging about these people surely puts you in the same group for childish behaviour ;)

unhappy at been overlooked come promotion time are we :D

18 months to lance jack, thats some going. How can you go through recruit training and trade training and come off the board in 18 months ?

Is this one of those RLC shower units ?

I wish I could think of something funny or well thought to say. Bit it's been a long day so I'll stick with:

Stop being such a ******* girl!

Hope this helped.

Toodles

TBM

And they won't play with me and that's naughty and it makes me very very cross!
You missed a bit out.

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
18 months to lance jack, thats some going. How can you go through recruit training and trade training and come off the board in 18 months ?

Is this one of those RLC shower units ?
They, or part of them, where providing their services on an EX I was on recently. There are no 18 month Lance Jacks there. They are all long in the tooth and mostly retreads from somewhere else.

as jack dee said; part time soldiers, full time banging on about it.

just ignore it an in two courses and 18 months when you're listing off the reasons why you should be promoted to the new guy, pause and remember this thread.

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
same in the regs, they think that if they havent made full screw in three years then they're off as the army obviously doesnt appreciate men of their calibre.

TA has too much politics in it though it was just the same 25 years ago. turn up for every bone drill night and they promote you because your the only face around while the guys with the talent stay as they are,

Relax, get yourself a cushty wee job working behind the bar in the officers mess and your career will go through the roof, never mind failing SMQC, never being able to do a CFT/PFA and having a laminated biff chit, all you need to do is get a brew on when the boss is around.

same in the regs, they think that if they havent made full screw in three years then they're off as the army obviously doesnt appreciate men of their calibre.

TA has too much politics in it though it was just the same 25 years ago. turn up for every bone drill night and they promote you because your the only face around while the guys with the talent stay as they are,
... stay as they are, the jelly spined, hen pecked *****...

But talented; in walting their mates' stories and punting n'er been surpassed excuses from the war dodger's case book.

I think that's what you intended.

Latest Threads