One to go out and buy/read

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by woopert, Jul 22, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. woopert

woopert LE Moderator

In light of the current cuts in manpower to the army that grossly, cynically, and gratuitously ignores the vast overstretch of the armed forces, lack of kit, failure to invest in sustainability, and criminal neglect for safety that all of the above manifests I would reccommend a good read:

Blair's Wars by Anthony Kamfner (link to buy it on Amazon HERE)

The synopsis on Amazon reads:

Put simply it details how Blair contrived to commit HMF to SIX wars in FIVE years in order to secure "his place in history", and how he screwed over the forces, his cabinet, Parliament, and the JIC as well as lied and crept his language to justify his actions.

2. X-Inf

X-Inf War Hero Book Reviewer

So there is nothing new in this book then!

3. Not only six wars, but also MACM action to break the Fuel Blockage, cover during the Fire Brigade strikes and now I've just seen this story about provision of supplies for an animal testing lab.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/oxfordshire/3914437.stm

Annouced on the same day as the cutbacks! If we can't supply the guys in Iraq with the proper kit at the proper time why in hell's name should we be diverting resourses to this. It's done just so that the powers that be can put off having to tackle these lunatics until later because it might result in some bad press.

:evil:

4. Foot & Mouth as well!

5. If I was cynical, I'd say this was an attempt to reduce public symapthy for the Armed Forces this week.

But that's if I were cynical :D

6. Bliar is a Nazi. He wants to emasculate any institutions (the Armed Forces) that have different traditions than his brand of megalomaniac meritocracy, where he promotes people he values, regardless of their parliamentary status or public standing.

I now believe he has psychiatric problems, similar to those of Hitler. What would it take for someone to section this lunatic??