One time issue kit must be handed back or youre billed?

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by oldcolt, Apr 29, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Not sure whether to put this in the QM forum or just TA as both relevant however; we have had a few lads coming back from Afghan who are now being threatened with being charged because they haven't got kit that were 'one off issue' in theatre.

Never mind the morals of it; is this correct? :?

2. I bloody hope not! Due at RTMC soon, but gave away my desert stuff yonks ago.

Could be an expensive visit...

Charlie

3. the main things that have to go back at RTMC are the MK6a (or whatever you get in theatre now), the dessie webbing kit, helemt cover and a couple of other odds and sods. desert clothing you keep! unless things have changed since 08

4. our lads have been told that EVERYTHING (including socks ffs!!!) have to be accounted for!

5. Fronty

Fronty Old-Salt Book Reviewer

I thought that anything that had been in contact with skin (i.e. socks, shorts etc) was classed as PPE and was effectively "yours" and could not be handed back and given to someone else.

6. thats bone someone's bored i think... Certain hygiene issues with some bits for a start! if you didn't sign for it on the 1157 not much they can do anyway!

i'd have a chat with the Chillwell bods. you can phone up and speak to the QM's there as long as your polite they are very helpful!

7. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

Happened to me after Telic 4
    HCR QM took some of the stuff back of us

Bloke at Chilwell went mental started bawling and shouting about how we shouldn't have handed it over and how he was going to bill us a fortune for it all

Pointed out to an officer thjat we(there were two of us) were troopers and the WO2 asking for th kit back was taking it off everyone of he TA lads including the ones due up the day after us and would he not be better taking it up with the HCR we are after all one Army

8. Add desert gore-tex, mine kit, bergan cover, the tent section / sheet thing I keep politely refusing etc - although it's on the list, they haven't been bothered about the helmet covers (they might be now if they give you a MTP one ...) Unless it has changed very recently.

9. I got issued my stuff at RTMC recently. Was told that the only thing that had to go back was the ECBA, Mk6A and Desert GTX. Queried this as I'd had to previously hand back poncho, bergan cover, and some other bits an pieces. Got the storeman to highlight the kit they'd be expecting back, and it was just as I said.

They're definitely not interested in having the clothing back.

10. Who told you this, OC?

11. I agree, was at chilwell two weeks ago, and was told all they want back is ECBA, and MK6A.

12. We just hand back ECBA and Mine Extraction kit providing it hasn't been used, Reg though so it may be different but anything worn next to skin, especially socks should not have to be handed back. Someone is messing you about!

13. Three or four of the lads in my unit have just been given a gypsys warning that the stuff must be handed back or they WILL be billed. Also had a formal brief from our Q' on parade a couple of weeks back that anyone deploying MUST hand back 'one off issue kit'.

PS. Your Bn's shooting team is going to take some beating at Div SAAM. They were at our Bn SAAM for practice; some very impressive shooting! 8)

14. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

The only things taken off Mrs BA last year was her gat/ancils and ECBA. She kept the vest and pouches, the lid and everything else. She is regular but went through RTMC as an IR I don't know if that makes a difference. She still had most of her stuff from the previous year so but they would not allow her to not take the new lot.

15. OC

But *who* told you - your QM bloke?

( our shots are pretty good, not all built for comfort rather than speed either... )