One step back.

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by calum141, Jun 19, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Went for my first interview today which was succesful and went well. However learned that I cannot join AFC Harrogate and be a dog handler so I have to give up this interest and look for another trade available providing my qualifications. (Mock GCSE Maths result was a fail) so am going to be stuck back with that until August 13th which is too late when GCSE final results are out. I could be dog handler however I'd be thrown in at the deepend with the adults. Don't think that would suit me yet as I am only just 17 in September and only just left school. I wouldn't think I'd fit in as an adult soilder as I am still young.

Hopefully still can go to AFC Harrogate but it could fill up before my selection pointment. Fingers crossed. Anywho, just thought I'd let post about my unfortunate news today.

2. You would prbably fit in fine with Adult entrants. Most adult entrants are 17-19...not much older than you

3. Seriously, ADSC adult entry is 80% 16 - 19 year olds when i went, and youll probably find even if your 17 and everyone else is in their 20's they arent going to shun you. Get stuck in and man up.

4. Would you still get in for august/september if you did your selection next month?