One rule for them

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by low_roller, Oct 11, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. No wonder he's f'in grinning. :D
  2. Check out Private Eye. This SOAB is in it every week. I will say one thing though - he doesn't embarrass easily - in fact he doesn't embarrass at fecking all :( :(
  3. "In the past six months, he has spent £1,651.56 on meals."

FFS where are we making the knights of the realm entertain? McDonalds? I hope he doesn't take me out for lunch.
  4. I'd like to say that this surprises me. But it doesn't.

Pigs at a trough - living it up on the cash that is plundered from our wages.

Shoot the Fcuking lot of them.
  5. What it doesn't tell you is that he has eaten his way through other peoples expense accounts like acid through bog paper. He might take you to MacccieD's but he ain't roughing it there with the plebs.
  6. The funny thing about this story are the three MPs moaning about the outrageous sum of £365k Bourn has claimed over the last three years.

If you see what THEY'VE claimed in comparison:

Kevan Jones - £393,885
    Norman Lamb - £391,375
    Lee Scott - £109,880 (only 1 year available)

Not forgetting the fact that, unlike our glorious MPs, we've been allowed to see how and where Sir John Bourn spent our money.
  7. He's an Ex MOD civil Servant too... who'd have thought anyone who once worked in the MOD would waste our scant national resources on such frivolous pastimes eh lads and lasses?

It just underlines the fact that the whole system is incestuous in it's corruption.

Once more my flabber is well and truly ghasted.

Why can't Values and standards apply to politicians and civil servants too?
  8. dockers

dockers Old-Salt Book Reviewer

As a counterpoint...
    Perhaps he is using the allowances available to him in order to prevent the erosion of terms and conditions of service? After all, isn't this the best way to protect them?
  9. He must have a brass neck as long as a giraffe
  10. Jealous. The lot of you.....
  11. Good God. Does no one in Government have any shame. It should be illegal for these trough swillers to be entertained by any company that they might end up investigating or criticising. And why take his wife at public expense?
  12. This is the typical entitlement complex of an arrogant(and probably corrupt) senior civil servant.

Civil servants and politicians excel in the only thing they are expert in-feathering their own nests.

Is Britian one of the most corrupt countries in the world?.
  13. They wonder why we have no faith in the system.. Fuggin to$s pots... Why Fug is his wife with him, just to gloat at us I assume
  14. So £500 for an evening meal for 4. My JPA account doesn't seem to allow claims for £125 per day for meals. Should I refer them to my RAO?