One or two crewmembers

Optionally manned. However, this reinforces the fact that 'unmanned' is not a panacea.

Regards,
MM

There is a twin seat Typhoons though, I've seen a few and I'm sure one of the Arab states brought twin seaters, Saudi or Kuwait, can't remember. Will we be using any though, I have no idea?

ACAB

LE
That seems suspiciously like stalking.

Be honest, you're not googling are you? You are chasing the girl. The poor lass looks more and more uncomfortable in each shot.
And I see her co-pilots 'handle' is Booger.

We had a Dutch F16 pilot, a good lad and frequent visitor to out office, whos 'handle' was Gopher. He assured us it meant something completely different in Dutch. A Dutch Marine Corporal assured us it meant exactly the same in Dutch as it did in English.

@Chodmeister will remember this.

There is a twin seat Typhoons though, I've seen a few and I'm sure one of the Arab states brought twin seaters, Saudi or Kuwait, can't remember. Will we be using any though, I have no idea?

Nobody said there weren't.

However, as stated, if we bought Typhoon today, we probably wouldn't bother with twin-stickers.

Regards,
MM

The Growler Beaver comments brings back a memory of the jockey Willy Carson landing at the old Doncaster airport on race day in G-WILI and asking where to park. Linda the ops lady directed him to park next to G-PUSY with the warning "Not too close".

Yokel

LE
Just saw this:

Naval Flight Officers’ Unmanned Future - USNI

Semiautonomous aviation platforms may mean more work, not less, for “backseaters.”

An NFO in the loop, controlling unmanned wingmen, will understand when a drone may need to sacrifice itself to an enemy fighter; a ship-based controller far from the battle might not. Furthermore, aviators in proximity to a fight might have a better grasp of when action based on human, not machine, understanding is required. Operations at long distances in contested signals environments require aircraft closer to the action, where data streams may persist long enough to act quickly, despite a lack of communications with the chain of command. Independent action by aviators on the scene has been fundamental to naval aviation’s success, from Midway to Syria

Latest Threads