One of the Newest Lts in the USMC

Having commissioned one of the newest Lts. in the USMC on Saturday, excuse my "father's" pride in posting a pic. If he is typical of the quality of our young officers (and he is), the USMC is in very good hands for the future.

Edited to delete pic for pers sec and to avoid further slagging about my height, wrinkled trousers etc.

Good on you and the boy JJH!!

Well done Jarhead, you must be very proud.

Oorah!

Congratulations and cudos to you both.
May he serve with success and safety.
Good to see similar family traditions of service in the Corps.

sandmanfez said:

Oorah!

Without being overly judg(e)mental of this excited young officer, it goes without saying that the USMC, as an agency of the US government is certainly not immune to affirmative action recruiting. At least, (for now--we will see how much how current masters force this to change too) our system does a fairly good job of winnowing out the posers and otherwise unqualified/undeserving officers from progressing beyond their first term of service.

Did he commission from the ranks JJH? Just looking at his medals and I assume one of them is the Bronze Star and I assume the other chap is your good self?
Congrats to you and him.

jumpinjarhead said:
Having commissioned one of the newest Lts. in the USMC on Saturday, excuse my "father's" pride in posting a pic. If he is typical of the quality of our young officers (and he is), the USMC is in very good hands for the future.
Be a better picture if some old bugger hadn't turned up and ruined it :D

Impressive strip of bling on the proud Dad there. ;)

Congrats to the Son. :D

jumpinjarhead said:
sandmanfez said:

Oorah!

Without being overly judg(e)mental of this excited young officer, it goes without saying that the USMC, as an agency of the US government is certainly not immune to affirmative action recruiting. At least, (for now--we will see how much how current masters force this to change too) our system does a fairly good job of winnowing out the posers and otherwise unqualified/undeserving officers from progressing beyond their first term of service.
\
I thought that was your son :soldier: :D

thegimp said:
jumpinjarhead said:
sandmanfez said:

Oorah!

\
I thought that was your son :soldier: :D
Shhhhhhhh................. :)

jack-daniels said:
Did he commission from the ranks JJH? Just looking at his medals and I assume one of them is the Bronze Star and I assume the other chap is your good self?
Congrats to you and him.
Yes indeed. He was sergeant of infantry and was in both Fallujah I and II. Lead man in the stick for house clearing.

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Congrats, both of you.

Congratulations to your Son - you must be justifiably proud.

Having returned from theatre recently, I can say that the US Marines that I worked with confounded my misconceptions of the US Armed Forces (although a number of the Army guys confirmed them)

BoundApprentice said:
Just a question are they army jump wings on the young lad and a V for valour device on his bronze star
Not technically "Army" wings but officially "Basic Parachutist" for all services. The Navy/Marine Corps wings (attached) follow if one is assigned to a USMC unit whose mission includes parachute jumping and the individual does at least 5 additional specified types of jumps (night, equipment etc.) with such unit while receiving parachute incentive pay.

Yes a combat V (well earned) on the BSM.

Attachments

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
polar69 ARRSE: Site Issues 5
Arthur3bums Films, Music and All Things Artsy 0
Friendly_Fire Army Reserve 1