ARRSE is supported by the advertisements on it, so if you use an adblocker please consider helping us by starting an Ad-Free subscription.

One of the last of Easy Company stands down

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by waffen, Dec 4, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Yep, there are very few left now.
    R.I.P.

PS. I can fully recommend his and Wild Bill´s book ´Brothers in battle. Best of frineds´, for those that are interested.

2. Condolences to his wife and daughter...

3. Yes, there can't be many WW2 veterans of all countries still alive now. I have an uncle who was in the RE in India during WW2, he is 88 now and in failing health. So another generation of Old Soldiers, Sailors and Airmen pass on to the Great Drill Square in the Sky..... soon it will be the turn of us post WW2 Cold War Warriors....... but not for many years yet I hope...

4. For my family my father in law was the last who served in the Second War and he passed away this spring.

5. My dads still alive, 86,got in at the tiail end was sent to Barry Island with the RASC to prepare for the invasion of Japan. Ended up in Palestine.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

6. The death of Donald Malarkey (96 yrs) Easy Company, Band of Brothers, has been reported in the press today.
    RIP.

• Informative Informative x 4
  7. Sad to hear of his death, I just binge watched the whole series again over the weekend without knowing of this as well. Considering what he went through as a young man he lived a full life to an impressive age!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Is it ok to use Daily Mail links now?

9. That will be of some considerable comfort to them the next time they log into ARRSE.

(Ooops. Four years ago. Even the poster has probably died by now.)