One more. oh **** off

haggler

War Hero
So sunday tea time I got a call telling me that my sister was in hospital and I needed to get there.
Rushed down and was greeted with a nurse giving grim news. She had sepsis and her organs were failing
Kidney function under 5% and bp at 70 over 36 oxygen 78
Stayed for the inevitable but she lasted the night and improved
Then got called aside monday night saying we should spend night and no limit on numbers
Spent until 530 this morning there and her sats suddenly increased.
530 tonight the doc said if she improves in next 48 she could recover quite well
If no improvement they will withdraw care teatime Boxing day.
Ma in law has just had a knee replacement and has a knee like a spacehopper and we are going there to do xmas dinner for the family
Just watched home alone with a beer in paw dwelling on my lot.
Don’t take them for granted as before you know it....

So sunday tea time I got a call telling me that my sister was in hospital and I needed to get there.
Rushed down and was greeted with a nurse giving grim news. She had sepsis and her organs were failing
Then got called aside monday night saying we should spend night and no limit on numbers
530 tonight the doc said if she improves in next 48 she could recover quite well
Ma in law has just had a knee replacement and has a knee like a spacehopper and we are going there to do xmas dinner for the family
Fingers crossed.

endure

GCM
Never take them for granted. Tell them that you love them.

A sobering post indeed. I sincerely hope your sister improves and recovers.

Mothers-in-Law probably deserve dodgy knees though just because, collectively, they are the Devil‘s representatives on earth.

Not much we can say on here that makes a damn bit of difference.
Brings the stresses bought about solely by this time of year into perspective.
Hope it all works out OK.

Truly wishing you all the best mucka.

My then fiance passed away on Xmas Eve due to a heart condition in 2005 .. she was 38.

I'm married since but still fecked in my head over her.

notwhoiam

Old-Salt
Good luck mate.

Best of luck mate. It's a terrible thing to go through at this time of year.

Fingers crossed for you :)

Hoping she recovers mate. All the best to you and your family.

She owes me a tenner... what size boots?

Any photos of her tits?

Over 10 posts and these haven't been said... poor show.

Hope shes ok

NSP

LE
Reminds of when I got pulled off the boat because they were only keeping my old man's life support going to give me time to fly home and bomb down the M4/M5. And then the cheeky sod kept us there all night before paying the ferryman! Typical dad!

Shit time of year for it. Either way, fingers crossed you get a positive result. As to the battleaxe MiL, accidentally bump her knee as often as you can. It's what MiLs are for.

NSP

LE
She owes me a tenner... what size boots?

Any photos of her tits?

Over 10 posts and these haven't been said... poor show
It's the season of good will. Or somesuch soft shite.

Sepsis is something you can come back from. I hope your sister does that. It’s a shocking situation at any time of the year and my thoughts are with you and your sister hoping for some good news in the very near future.

Don’t be on your own at this time. Go and be with your family.

Londo

LE
Hope all will be ok . All 12 Norfolk fingers crossed for your sister mucker

Stepson was admitted with Sepsis last week. Recovered from it but has Glandular fever.
Mum was admitted with Sepsis the day before yesterday, still in hospital receiving treatment..... But. She's in Perth Western Australia as she is visiting my little sister.

Merry fucking Christmas eh.. Can't do a damn thing as mum's ten thousand Miles away.

Sepsis is a bastard.

We are going to visit a good friend today in hospital, where she has now been for 3 MONTHS. She has been up and down and given us lots of scares. If she wasn't such a fit lady we are sure she'd have gone by now. Her BP was 70/60 at one stage a few days ago. Taking in silly hats and Christmas jumpers, crackers, mince-pies and party poppers! Should amuse the Spanish medical folk!

They have no idea what caused the illness - nothing obvious found.

Good luck to the OP and any others with this.

Latest Threads