One man bivi for Kenya?

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by loyalbrother, Sep 16, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm due to go to Kenya on Askari Thunder and looking to take a one man bivi that will be waterproof and robust as it will be wet.
    I was hoping to find something that came with a mozzie net as well to kill to birds with one stone, any advice would be greatfull.

2. You'll need a full size sleeping mat capable of keeping thorns out too. Kenya consists entirely of a floor of huge thorns, insects and glue sniffing children.

• Like Like x 3
  3. RV Ops... hennesy hammock.

You can take basha poles with you and use it as a tent or a hammock. Mozzy net sewn in, surf the web for a youtube vide on how to put up the tent, it takes a bit of getting the thang of.

Oh, and wait for daft comments like 'a hammock on the floor variety'.

4. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

still needs a groundsheet/mat under the whole thing and crap to get into. does at least seal you up from night bugs I guess.

an aussie swag might serve better if you're vehicle based. waterproof and thornproof they do a bigger version like a mini hut.

• Like Like x 1
  5. My mum made me a breathable bivvy, years ago when I still had a feather doss bag and '58 kit.

Looks very similar to a SWAG.

Hag a half length zip and sewn in mozzy net at the end (think of an issue bag with mozzy net over the end. rollmat under neath.

6. Schaden

Schaden LE Book Reviewer

Take a basha - you will be glad to have it - depending on when and where you are going you could be sweating like - well a Kenyan in an enclosed bivi.

Seperate Mozzie net - hammock if you have space but you may be where there isn't a place to hang it - poncho liner a must.

7. I used the issue mozzi net with a poncho over the top and pinned down. Worked fine and we were out when it was wet. Torraco farm was a mud bath.

8. Don't ya love mums

9. Seconded, I lived very happily for 6 weeks in Kenya in my Hennesy Hammock, a shelter sheet, folding sleeping mat and a poncho liner completed the comfort

10. H3

H3 LE

11. H3

H3 LE

12. One man bivvie for Kenya? Seems like a fair swap.