Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

One man’s meat is another man’s poison......

What are the conditions necessary to allow an Albanian to join up? Just asking, as it may be a solution to our current manpower shortage.
Well there is a precedence for this but a think that Werner Volkner was of more use militarly to his TA unit with all his experience fighting on the Russian front than some dodgy Albanian in the Rifles.

A superb account by a veteran of the Waffen SS Totenkopf (Deaths Head) Division. Werner Volkner was a working-class boy from Berlin and after joining the Division he fought on the Eastern Front, including Kursk. His account is very detailed and down to earth, and the reader soon feels immersed in the period. Although the unit had an earlier history that linked it to the KZ camps, by the time Werner joined in 1942 it was purely a military unit with a reputation for being tough and highly effective. Werner served in the Flak battalion and it was no accident that it was the best in the entire Wehrmacht. Discipline in the unit was extremely strict, and Werner gives examples of this.
Werner was wounded and also decorated with the Iron Cross. After recuperating from an illness in Munich near the end of the war he was enrolled into an ad-hoc Battle-Group ('Kampfgruppe') and later captured by US forces. He eventually ended up in a British POW camp. This may have saved his life as the Totenkopf Division was sent to Soviet POW camps and many did not return from captivity. In time Werner married an English girl, became naturalized and after WW2 incredibly served in the British Army where he passed on his extensive military experience to his compatriots. One of his sons followed in his military footsteps and joined the elite British RAF Regiment.

71R0zIej0JL.jpg

And they would resort to violence in the first instance and could out gun the Met, I heard.
I never heard about outgunning the Met but no doubt they were involved in the smuggling of AK47's from Eastern Europe. While violent in their buisness activities I never heard of them being violent towards police as they would have received more than enough violence back. Being Whitish, there was no PC nonsense to worry about and as most of them had dodgy immigration status anyway, they tended to avoid police.

chimera

LE
What the f*ck is this guy doing in the Army Reserve with a conviction for drug possession? And now the dodgy meat dealing, plus the firearms stuff mentioned above. I wonder how much gash ammuntion he pocketed after very range weekend?

Pretty sh*t PR for the RIFLES, and I would hope that the OC and CSN are doing knees to chests on a brass line somewhere.

I never heard about outgunning the Met but no doubt they were involved in the smuggling of AK47's from Eastern Europe. While violent in their buisness activities I never heard of them being violent towards police as they would have received more than enough violence back. Being Whitish, there was no PC nonsense to worry about and as most of them had dodgy immigration status anyway, they tended to avoid police.
They took over crime and vice with ruthless violence and resorted to guns more readily than the incumbents.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Well there is a precedence for this but a think that Werner Volkner was of more use militarly to his TA unit with all his experience fighting on the Russian front than some dodgy Albanian in the Rifles.

A superb account by a veteran of the Waffen SS Totenkopf (Deaths Head) Division. Werner Volkner was a working-class boy from Berlin and after joining the Division he fought on the Eastern Front, including Kursk. His account is very detailed and down to earth, and the reader soon feels immersed in the period. Although the unit had an earlier history that linked it to the KZ camps, by the time Werner joined in 1942 it was purely a military unit with a reputation for being tough and highly effective. Werner served in the Flak battalion and it was no accident that it was the best in the entire Wehrmacht. Discipline in the unit was extremely strict, and Werner gives examples of this.
Werner was wounded and also decorated with the Iron Cross. After recuperating from an illness in Munich near the end of the war he was enrolled into an ad-hoc Battle-Group ('Kampfgruppe') and later captured by US forces. He eventually ended up in a British POW camp. This may have saved his life as the Totenkopf Division was sent to Soviet POW camps and many did not return from captivity. In time Werner married an English girl, became naturalized and after WW2 incredibly served in the British Army where he passed on his extensive military experience to his compatriots. One of his sons followed in his military footsteps and joined the elite British RAF Regiment.

View attachment 529338
Elite RAF Regiment?

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
The Long March through the Establishment enables this.

And fat police who cannot chase scrotes because they are unfit and Chief Constables who take a knee and BBC who take the piss ( you servile, Fee-paying Mongs ) and Generals who hug VC winners, and Police who stand by and watch our History being defaced and Police who run away because no bosses would back them up even if they stood and fought .......

Bedtime ...- before I lose my sense of humour.
Before you pass out more like.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
One of his sons followed in his military footsteps and joined the elite British RAF Regiment.

I was going to give you an 'informative' until that.