One-legged soldier denied disabled badge because he might 'get better'

Fugly

ADC
DirtyBAT
Shocking, but completely typical of jobsworth civvy cnuts, particularly those working for local councils. Odious rats to a man, or woman.

Telegraph standards up to the usual maximum before publishing as well:

The 27-year old, whose heart stopped twice when he injured in Afghanistan
When I got my first ticked I rolled up my trouser leg

Monty Python anyone?

"So it will just grow back then?"

B

blindfire

and if he was a civvy? would you rev the bus up?...I don't think so

get over it, rules apply to everyone..tough shit lads..some of you are in for a shock in civvy strasse and it will happen

rules apply to everyone..
From the DFT website:

People who may be issued a badge subject to further assessment by the local authority are those who are more than two years old and fall within one or more of the following criteria:

* has a permanent and substantial disability which causes inability to walk or very considerable difficulty in walking.
I'd think that, even for a bureaucrat, having had one of his lower legs blown off (yes, I appreciate that probably wasn't exactly what happened but, hey, hyperbole!) counts as permanent, substantial and 'very considerable difficulty in walking'.

B

blindfire

what the **** are you jibbering on about?

oh sorry you're coming across as a typical army lad who has no idea of life outside
and that is the reality of life, some of you on here need to grow up

no one gives a fk Idrach what anyone has done in RN, Army,RAF in civvy strasse
and a lot of lads are going to have to come to terms with that, when they leave and they are going to have to face problems that a good beating in the NAAFI isnt going to sort out

oh sorry you're coming across as a typical army lad who has no idea of life outside
You really have no idea, do you ...

and a lot of lads are going to have to come to terms with that, when they leave and they are going to have to face problems that a good beating in the NAAFI isnt going to sort out
Err, yes, did you check the DFT rules? No, you came on and 'oh yes, I know far more than all of you sad bastards in green. Harken to my wisdom'.

But, yes, you are completely right. It doesn't matter why he lost quite a bit of his right leg. He could have been blown up in Afghanistan, dropped his bike on it at 120, even been born without it. What matters is that he has, I say again "very considerable difficulty in walking".

Fugly

ADC
DirtyBAT
Local councils are overrun with the retarded. These are the type of people who seek power and influence, but are too thick to effectively lie to people to become a politician.

Some people however are so spectacularly backwards that they can't even make it that far, and must remain shunned by their public and peers, and remain governed by others. These individuals include Sven/Whet and some members of the RAF Regiment, although there may be some protests whilst they stamp their feet and proclaim that they actually are important.

what the **** are you jibbering on about?

Give it up mate, save yourself some dignity. You know you've gone off half-cocked and now you won't back down. The criteria for him getting "badged" is laid out in previous posts. That has got nothing to do with how any of the serving posters on here will transition to civvie street.

Do you live in Cologne? Because if you do, WTF do you know about life in the UK?

You could almost understand if the council were particularly difficult in issuing the blue badge to anyone. Although I would hazard a guess there are people parking willy-nilly with blue badges issued for no reason other than they have difficulty walking because they are fat and idle!

NIce to know that we have developed the technology to make legs grow back, sorry Legs that bit wont grow back :) and to see the bluejobs, who dont even live in the country any more, jump on the "you don't know you were born" bandwagon.

On the bloke himself, yes he lost a leg but he did park in a disabled bay without the "blue badge" so they were entitled to give him a ticket. When he was given the ticket, did he appeal the ticket? That was his chance at the time to push it rather than wait until the bailifs appeared.

and if he was a civvy? would you rev the bus up?...I don't think so

get over it, rules apply to everyone..tough shit lads..some of you are in for a shock in civvy strasse and it will happen
Is it not part of the Forces Covenant that injured soldiers are treated differently (and favourably)?

Regardless, although the rules are subjective, his leg is not growing back and he should be given a blue badge.

Blindfire is right, obviously this lad is trying it on. I've seen this con before when I watched a theatre production of Treasure Island. All through the performance I was amazed at how they had found an actor with the correct limb lopped off only to meet the actor later on Both feet. After grilling him he revealed it was a con and had his ankle strapped to his arse and wore a long frock coat to hide it.
I was appalled that this man had conned me in such away. Has anyone checked Mr Lee's Trousers or Prosthetic limb to see if the rest of his Leg is hidden away.
As for that charlatan Dinger, we all know hes swinging the lead trying to get a Blue badge too and to gain sympathy on next years X-fame factor thingy with his high wire tap dance tribute to Tom Jones the Bluffing barsteward.

Or alternatively Blindfire is an ********.

edited loads due to end of shift tiredness induced Mongness

When Blue badges were issued by social services of our local council they also refused me one (50% WarPension + WPMS) on the grounds that they were against war - so my disability was my own fault - at the same time they were issuing badges to pie eating idle obese b@stards.

With the help of BAFF I now have been issued a blue badge and local (anti)social services are no longer allowed to issue them.

Is it not part of the Forces Covenant that injured soldiers are treated differently (and favourably)?
Well, this is quite wrong isn't it? Wasn't there an article recently where it was under consideration that ex serving soldiers would be given priority on the NHS waiting lists for operations and stuff?

I'm not after any special priority; after serving for seventeen years, and out for seven years; I'm well and truly a civvy now. I realise no-one in civvy street really gives a toss what rank or what you did in the army, however, for soldiers injured in whilst on duty, common sense tells me that special provisions should be made for them.

The US seems to have this stuff sussed; it's a shame it hasn't came over here yet.