One last item.

Discussion in 'Charity Auctions' started by Porridge_gun, Nov 11, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Porridge_gun

Porridge_gun LE Good Egg (charities)

This will go up now and end at 16:30 tomorrow so it can be posted and received in time for Sundays parade.

No1 of the special run coins by Mitt Mayo.

[​IMG]

2. £50 to start.

3. won't be posted in time for Sunday, sorry, but will be in London if the winner wants to collect?

Otherwise posted Monday

MM

4. £60 (to add characters)

5. Found it thanks to The Phantom Bear...

Worthy of a gentle bump for idiots like myself who couldn't find the Remembrance Auction Threads...

6. Is it just me or does that say 11-11-2011 on it?

7. indeed it does

8. Is that intentional?

9. There is a bit of history to this which you will find elsewhere on Arrse, try looking for challenge coin

10. I know about the concept of challenge coins, and that Arrse have comissioned a few, I'm just wondering why the year is wrong.

11. Ltd Edition Poppy Coin - look in charities and welfare and get the full story

12. I presumed that as the '1's matched then that is why it was chosen. Perhaps if you pm the authors they might be able to tell you better. I like the design and the run of numbers

13. If you read why the original die was made you will see that it was for a 'concept' to be put to the mint for next year, hence the year represented next year.

Rather than waste the die we chose to have some made to raise some dosh, people just bought them a year early!

14. How do I pay?