One in One out

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by nips, Apr 11, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Got emailed this from an expats forum.

Back in December the Institute for Public Policy Research, a UK 'think tank', released a very interesting report which contained the results of research they did involving the experiences of Brits living in countries all around the world. According to the report more than 198,000 British nationals moved overseas last year, bringing the total number of Brits abroad to more than 5.5 million. Apparently Britain now has more people living abroad than almost any other country. The top 10 countries where Brits live, together accounting for around 75 per cent of all Brits living abroad, are:

Australia 1.3 million, equivalent to 2 per cent of UK population
    Spain 760,000
    USA 680,000
    Canada 600,000
    Ireland 290,000
    New Zealand 215,000
    South Africa 212,000
    France 200,000
    Germany 115,000
    Cyprus 59,000

Another thing that came to light in the report was that almost as many British nationals have left the UK as non-British nationals who have entered the UK and that the number of people emigrating in recent years has started to increase in net terms. We are truly becoming a 'global community' and it looks like the number of British citizens living abroad will continue to grow.

2. 'Global community'? Bliar talk for 'They've had enough and are leaving' more like.

3. Canada always seemed a nice place to me. Low tax rate / crime rate. No sign of his Tonyness, sounds good, how do I get there?

4. Remember though they have Quebec instead of Blair.

5. AlienFTM

AlienFTM LE Book Reviewer

Last one out switch the light off.

6. To the tune of "You took the words right outa ma mouth". I wonder which is worst?

7. 290,000 moved over to the Emerald Isle

My how times have changed

8. 1.3 million went to Australia and the prisons are still full, I just don't know were else we can put the criminal type.

9. Canada is a nice place with super people - my opinion after seven visits. Two courtesy of Her Majesty and five off my own bat.

Not sure any Canadian would know who 'Tony' was - not because the Canadians are thick, but because on a really big stage, and Canada is a BIG stage - Bliar is an irrelevance. Maybe a handful of 'movers and shakers' in Ottawa might have heard of him, but ........

Quebec - oui it is part of Canada and so what ? If the Canadians can put up with Quebec, I'm sure I can.

Sorry everyone - 'rabbiting on' - no real idea what the post is about. Saw 'No sign of his Tonyness' and couldn't resist - just like I would not be able to resist putting a boot into his guts if he was writhing on pavement in front of me!!

PS. Not often Canada is missing from the Orbat when the 'sh*t is flying' - unlike a number of our New Best Friends - the Eurineopeans - unless of course, they are on the other side!!!

PPS. The PS can also apply to the brilliant 'guys and gals' in the Antipodes -
    Australia and New Zealand. When these two countries learn to play cricket and rugby to the standard of Glamorgan and Wales respectively they will be perfedt!!!

10. Well this is scary sh1t, If so many brit's are living/moving abroad and at the same time the UK are been over run by poles, czech, and other non british born individual's.

In the not to distant future the UK will turn in to some sort of a mini Europe.

Especially If we keep voting for the current goverment we have in place.

Make's you think ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Doesn't it????????????????

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x