One for the tool spotters!!!

Discussion in 'REME' started by banana_man, Feb 11, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Right guys after a bit of help, has anyone come across "torx drive sets" in the system, if so have you got the NSN please. In the NRPS system now so not seeing what kit is readily available
  2. NRPS eh, is it to fix your golf clubs ?
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Now now no need for that, it's for my vm's actually
  4. NRPS is still in the same system, just under different terms and conditions.
  5. Well bugger me I never realised that !!!!!!! That's what I've been doing wrong all these years ..........
  6. Glad to be of service.........
  7. This might of been better posted in the Useful NSN's thread.

You do not say what sizes you want? However to get you started how about this:

F1 5120 99 751 8936 'C' Class - DofQ SE

Drive Set Torx; comprises 1 socket holder 1/2 in.SQ drive, 1 bits TX20, TX25, TX30, TX40, TX45, TX50 & TX55

Anything like what you are after?

8. Yea thanks for that, should do just fine to start with,
    Have to say very impressed for a Saturday evening !!!! Either your at work or you have ISIS on your laptop.......... Thanks again
  9. MMPI and SCOC aren't databases - All there is is a dark office with Quaker chained to a chair with several books full of NSNs next to him - you search for an item and Quaker types back at break neck speed after thumbing through his notes! :)
  10. That NSN will come in handy, cheers.
  11. Torqx sets are not general issue for REME toolboxes so you will have to justify why you want them. Someone told me that the guys should be getting them soon though.
  12. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

One hates to crayon where one has got no business, but would anybody object if I posted pics of a few of my tools I cannot identify? Not my 24" Record Stilson, obviously. Because I know what that is. It is a 24" Record Stilson. But other tools?
  13. Army Rizzle - PM sent
  14. You are too kind Sir. Though frightfully close with your analogy.

At least I have a desk lamp now to ease the stain on ones eyes. (Had to buy it myself though, bloody DAS!)

15. Get em on! Geek mode ready here! :)