One for the steamies

Discussion in 'Gunners' started by cdo_gunner, Jun 22, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ouch! Er, I like the way the other two bunnies stand around like they were expecting that to happen.

I'm not a gunner so could someone enlighten me as to how that thing went off. I hope that bloke was okay but I doubt it.

2. Ouch! that was an old 6 pounder wasn't it?,

3. All I can is ouch, any idea where these fellas are from (they apear to be asian)

Cheers 2CB

4. OUCH that hurt, be thankful it wasn't danger close

5. gleaming nice to see all his detatchment rushing to help :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

6. I can tell :wink: They are stood there becuase thats the drill, stand to attention when the gun is fired, or at least it used to be.

Why it went off ??? Feck knows

7. 307

307 War Hero

Could it possibly be static setting the charge off? He was wearing no gloves and was maybe just unlucky?

8. Nah, it looks like a 17pdr and they didn't use a electric initiation system like the light gun. Best guess would be a worn sear so the firing pin tripped as he closed the breech. If you watch the cart ejects once the ordnance has recoiled, as it's supposed to. If the breech had been open at the time the cart fired there would have been a lot more mayhem amongst the det.

9. 307

307 War Hero

How much of a gorm does the safety look!

10. I'm glad i was an OP, that fellow look like he flew back a good ten foot.

I wonder if he landed on his arse or his feet

Ibbo

11. The word "DOH" springs to mind. Maybe they had to sidle up to the firer and ask him in an Asian polite way if it hurt at all?