One for the Posties to answer please

Discussion in 'RLC' started by mac9091, Oct 6, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Having already tried to get onto the BFPO website and only been greeted with an "archived content" page i am unable to confirm the following:

Do postage costs differ depending on location?

for the following reason:

I have a parcel that i would like to send back to the UK from an overseas BFPO address it weighs 5KG and from previous knowledge and the archived page i am sure that this should cost between £8.60 and £9.60.

Obviously at an overseas location the currency is not in pounds and needs to be converted but the price i was told works out at £11.85, basically i am trying to work out if the local postie is trying to pull a fast one. OK a couple of pound per parcel is not much but add that per parcel, per person. I am aware that you can add cover for expensive items being sent back at £1 or £2 additionally.

I am now going to send one large package weighing between 10KG and 30KG which should cost no more than £13.60 as opposed to several small packages.

Unless of course the BFPO prices have changed, have they?

Cheers

2. Cheers, it appears that the prices have changed since i last used the BFPO service. Not good

3. When I sent my MP a rotting roadkill badger weighing 5.5 Kilos, it cost me 160 pounds plus legal expenses if that's any help?

4. 5.5 kg, that's a pup. The ones I send normally weight twice that!