One for the police aficionados on the site

After reading a great deal in defense from those of the "Police are gods" attitude, I would like to ask why, when a young person does something criminal and admits to it the "Police" at the police station seem unwilling to follow up on the offence.

My step-son has wrecked a care, no one else involved, taken without consent. He has gone to the police and admitted this. We have now waited 5 days for the police to turn up and arrest him, he is now in a stressed situation and in my eyes the all singing, all dancing "Police" are taking the piss.

An MP turns round to the gate operators at No 10 who force him to go via a "pedestrian gate" while pushing a bicycle and says you are nothing more than common people [PLEBS] and they take umbridge.

My question, expressed badly, is this; Who the fcuking hell do the "Police" think they are? Yes they lost two beat officers, Yes they were shot, Yes they were female, yes there are only 1300000 (estimated) officers country wide BUT I understand there are at least 30000 of those that sit on there fat arrses who cant be bothered to pursue a guaranteed conviction. Consider the number of serving members of the armed forces who, although signing the dotted line, have had their lives fcuked up buy those who don't in real terms "give a sh1t"

So I await the SH 1 T coming from the all singing know it all types that seem to defend the sh1t that is promoted on this site.

Have you written to your Police Authority and Chief Constable and explained your feelings to them?
No. I originally thought that the "Police" were interested in results not getting there faces on the news.

JJ

ah. I see your problem. If he nicked "care" he should report it to the "gaard". Police is a term used in the UK.

ah. I see your problem. If he nicked "care" he should report it to the "gaard". Police is a term used in the UK.
Roger that, it should have been Car and Guard. anger makes the fingers grow fat when typing!

JJ

Has the aggrieved party reported the offence to the Police?

After reading a great deal in defense from those of the "Police are gods" attitude, I would like to ask why, when a young person does something criminal and admits to it the "Police" at the police station seem unwilling to follow up on the offence.

My step-son has wrecked a care, no one else involved, taken without consent. He has gone to the police and admitted this. We have now waited 5 days for the police to turn up and arrest him, he is now in a stressed situation and in my eyes the all singing, all dancing "Police" are taking the piss.

An MP turns round to the gate operators at No 10 who force him to go via a "pedestrian gate" while pushing a bicycle and says you are nothing more than common people [PLEBS] and they take umbridge.

My question, expressed badly, is this; Who the fcuking hell do the "Police" think they are? Yes they lost two beat officers, Yes they were shot, Yes they were female, yes there are only 1300000 (estimated) officers country wide BUT I understand there are at least 30000 of those that sit on there fat arrses who cant be bothered to pursue a guaranteed conviction. Consider the number of serving members of the armed forces who, although signing the dotted line, have had their lives fcuked up buy those who don't in real terms "give a sh1t"

So I await the SH 1 T coming from the all singing know it all types that seem to defend the sh1t that is promoted on this site.
Oh, do fuck off you illiterate cock.

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
I suppose you could call them. Is this really 'Current affairs?'
No. It did remain briefly so that I could correct the spelling in the thread title but away we go....

Maybe they are chasing up more switched on car thieves who aren't dumb enough to hand themselves in.

"He is now in a stressed situation" ? Do fuck off yer big fanny

E

exmunkey

Just as in all walks of life there are lazy wankers, I've worked with a few and tried to make their lives as miserable as possible.
It could also be that the unit that is dealing with your son-in-laws crime have a big workload and seeing as he has come in and admitted the crime it will go to the bottom of the list as he will still be there when those evading detection have been caught.
If he's under the age of consent you could write to the commander asking for an update, most services have a deadline for responding to enquiries so you should hear something back

Perhaps what he really needs is a male role model in his life, one who's not looking to deflect blame for the fact his stepson's a thieving little cunt?

Let me explain this to you...

Firstly, this will NOT go away. The case will be processed and some action or other will take place. Be this a prosecution or a caution. A caution is possible as your boy admitted the offense, and if he has little or no previous record to consider then he might not have to go to court. Instead, a senior police officer gives him a serious caution, and he does get a police/criminal record.

What is happening now, while you wait is that the case has been passed up the chain of responsibility. So the department of public prosecutions, or whatever name they go by now, will be handling it instead of local police police. One of the things they consider is, how difficult the case is to prosecute and is it worth pursuing? The result being that whenever a case is straightforward they will certainly proceed. Such as when a suspect has given a statement admitting the circumstances and confessing to the offense. Thus you can be sure that this will not go away.

As for asking the police about what is happening, well, they won't actually know much because it's out of their hands. They'll get informed in due course as they have have to serve a summons, or make an arrest etc. Then they might have to attend court and all the rest of it.

All this worrying about things is all part and parcel of being a "bad boy", but he'll just have to wait untill he hears back.

Having a moan about the police is totally the wrong thing to do. They are actually the good guys in this case, and your boy is the scrote. You should all think about that and get him to mend his ways. If he doesn't then he's on his way to the gutter by way of clink.

Wasn't your car by any chance?

The police are there to serve the public, not sort out your domestics. Maybe they've taken the view that the lad was only getting back at the objectionable prick who's slipping his mum a length and doesn't present a threat to decent folk, or their property?

Why do you want to cripple his prospects with a criminal record? Can't you screw up his prospects enough by your own efforts?

Could be they've referred you to social services, and that's who you're actually waiting on for a response, of course.

The police do not wish to criminalise a young man.

They may however refer him to the youth offending team, which is what he needs, not a criminal record as that just makes things worse as they just give up after that and keep offending.

Nothing to loose.

Boo fucking Hoo!

The little scrote (for that is now He) will just have to queue up with the rest of the mongs and fuckwits for his Criminal Record.

And no, it's not 'Police and Thieves' by the Clash.

Latest Threads