One for the pedants.

jim30

LE
Do you know that I misread the title of the thread, thought it was about Pendants and the like, and as it was the NAAFI was eagerly scrolling through it to see pictures of a pearl necklace.

Consider me disappointed.

Pedants..... do you ha:rolleyes:ve to go to a cycle shop to buy some.............

The potential consequences of getting it wrong.

'A Brussels resident was mistakenly imprisoned for over two weeks due to a spelling mistake and faulty evidence which led authorities to mistake him for the actual suspect.

'The 36-year-old man from Tunisia was arrested after police mistook him for a man with a similar name, who was arrested in 2017 on charges of theft with violence and the illegal possession of arms. The suspect was not held in custody pending the investigation and during the administrative proceedings an officer reportedly left out an “a” when writing down the culprit’s last name. An arrest warrant was issued with the wrong name, leading police to take the innocent man into custody upon his return to Belgium from Paris.

'Despite the fact that he had no criminal record and that he bore no resemblance with the actual suspect, the man was jailed in the Saint-Gilles prison for 18 days, Het Nieuwsblad reports. The man’s repeated claims that he was innocent went unheeded and his claims could not be confirmed because a fingerprint collected as evidence was defective.'

The potential consequences of getting it wrong.

'A Brussels resident was mistakenly imprisoned for over two weeks due to a spelling mistake and faulty evidence which led authorities to mistake him for the actual suspect.

'The 36-year-old man from Tunisia was arrested after police mistook him for a man with a similar name, who was arrested in 2017 on charges of theft with violence and the illegal possession of arms. The suspect was not held in custody pending the investigation and during the administrative proceedings an officer reportedly left out an “a” when writing down the culprit’s last name. An arrest warrant was issued with the wrong name, leading police to take the innocent man into custody upon his return to Belgium from Paris.

'Despite the fact that he had no criminal record and that he bore no resemblance with the actual suspect, the man was jailed in the Saint-Gilles prison for 18 days, Het Nieuwsblad reports. The man’s repeated claims that he was innocent went unheeded and his claims could not be confirmed because a fingerprint collected as evidence was defective.'

OMG! What is it with people resurrecting 4 year old threads! 3rd one today!

JackSofty

Old-Salt
Having suffered traumatic brain injury, bad spoken punctuation, pronunciation, enunciation, vague language, common use of 'baby talk', 'management' and 'marketing' speak as well as poor grammar make life extemely difficult and physchologically and physically painful for me.
Adding atrocious spelling to the written language only makes life even more fukken (yes I know) arduous.
Lazy, priviliged and stupid print, television and radio broadcasters have a lot to answer for and do not assist with the literacy of our children.
It also demeans the impact of the meaning of 'Nazi'.

Sent from my karzi while losing several pounds

Last edited:
Having suffered traumatic brain injury, bad spoken punctuation, pronunciation, enunciation, vague language, common use of 'baby talk', 'management' and 'marketing'speak as well as poor grammer make life extemelu difficult and physchologically and physically painful for me. Adding atrocious spelling to the written language only makes life even more fukken (yes I know) arduous.
Lazy, priviliged and stupid print, television and radio broadcasters have a lot ti answer for and do not assist with the literacy of our children.
It also demeans the impact of the meaning of 'Nazi'.

It’s ‘grammar’.

It’s ‘grammar’.
Are you sure? He could have been blathering on endlessly talking about his grandma.
Or "grandmother" if you want to be a spelling Nazi...

Last edited:

JackSofty

Old-Salt
Are you sure? He could have been blathering on endlessly talking about his grandma.
Or "grandmother" if you want to be a spelling Nazi...
Fuck you! Leave my Nana out of this!
You beast.
I'm telling your Mum.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
1stgulfmac The NAAFI Bar 40
BTDT The Intelligence Cell 38

Latest Threads