One for the ladies

Discussion in 'RLC' started by General Melchett, Mar 28, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. General Melchett

General Melchett LE Moderator

2. Yet only one of the full time team is RLC.......

:lol: :lol: :lol:

3. Not content with spunking large quantities of Corp funds on the 16 men of the 1 GS ski team apparently we pay for a Scaley, 2 Paras and 2 M4 Riflemen to act out their Army careers like a Pepsi Max advert. You can't make this sh!t up!

4. General Melchett

Great 'aint it.

Ever tried to book them as an RLC unit?

Nope, sorry we're booked at Cyprus then, and Gibralter the week after.

We could send you some posters to put up though.

5. ......they aren't recipients of funds from the one days pay scheme are they?

6. General Melchett

Not sure. I'll look into it.

7. I hate anyone who gets to have agood time whilst I'm working.

Typical that all the things I'm good at the Army isnt interested in.

I dont think I'm asking a lot for an Army sponsored Brothel tour, I know a certain Scottish WO that could head the expedition, having more experience in that field than any other man alive!

8. General Melchett

Working? Since when did you ever do any work?

You should approach DRLC to sponsor a non-adventurous (in the usual sense) Corps display team.

9. A whoring display team? Interesting, I have a few people in mind.

Hopefully like the Silver Stars it will be an all arms organisation so I can call on my old Sqn Chief Clerk to head it up!

Sports afternoons haven't been that much fun since a wednesday with the REME(G) Corps ten pin bowling team!

10. General Melchett

Still not certain if the one days pay scheme pays for the Silver Stars.

However, according to the latest RLC MCM Div briefing 1% of the Corps manning is black economy and I quote, "Which allows personnel to be released so they can man the Silver Stars and activley sell the Corps". Had to bite my tongue to stop asking why it wasn't actually made up of RLC soldiers.

11. thats because you have to be under a certain weight so the parachute can hold you up...tends to make an awful mess when you hit the planet at terminal velocity :wink:

12. General Melchett

True. In that case they could use the heavy drop parachutes designed for pallets.

13. And how do they justify that 1%??

The RLC is the only capbadge operating its own DZ and the associated costs of hiring aircraft etc etc. The displays they do are primarily for an RLC audience, and those that are not are 'hand me downs' from the other mil teams. Based on this, how on earth can the RLC say they are selling the Corps if the very people they are jumping for are already members?? They are obviously not doing a good job because outside of skydiving circles, noone has heard of them!!

The Red Devils had to become self sufficient about two years ago now, resulting in them selling their aircraft and reducing in size. All income is now derived from display fees and from kit sponsors. As a display team they undoubtedly have a much wider reputation and do in fact sell the paras to a predominantly civilian audience.

The question therefore has to be asked, if the Freds can do all of this self funded, why do the Silver Hoops need their own DZ, need their own aircraft, and need so much funding?

14. Melchy, I'm confused (Ops normal). When you say 'One for the ladies' in the RLC forum, were those links wimmin of the RLC? Having had the pleasure of Club 47 whilst in Gut several years back (not carnal, purely duty kickboxer) I would say those pictures look a tad effeminate of the usual RLC 'non male members' of the 'Doc Martin/Footy shirt/bleached blonde hair/Prisoner Cell Block H extras' brigade.

(I could tell they weren't 'female RLC members' because they didn’t appear to have a tattoo of a stylised dildo on their necks or a spider’s web elbow pattern. Of course, the obligatory thumb swallows or IFHM (I Fcukin Hate Men) initialled on each knuckle goes without mentioning).

15. General Melchett

In that case I should have put on the dating forum in case any non-RLC ladies were browsing for some meat. I see the last bloke has put his mobile number on the site............................Oh dear. Business cards and phone boxes spring to mind. Not that I would condone using that number on a business card advertising, "Lubed leather joy boy seeks mature men for no ties fun", or such like. Very bad idea infact.