One for the Guards

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by toffeeman, Nov 1, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. How do i get sweat stains out of my tunic? 1001 did fcuk all by the way.

Cheers.

2. When I was in they got sent away once a year to be dry cleaned but other than that they just stayed stinking. Even when they came back from the dry cleaners they still looked like someone had wiped their arse on it.

Never saw anyone able to get those stains out.

3. Yip agree with that.

Isn't it time for greatcoats anyway

4. Lay a couple of layers of kitchen towel on your ironing board, then lay the part of the tunic on top of that, outside facing the kitchen towel obviously, then get a slightly damp teatowel, and lay it on the inside of the area thats minging.

Then use a very slightly warm iron on steam, ie just warm enough to get steam going, and quick press on, take off, repeat.

Do not do it the other way round though, otherwise your tunic will be fecked.

Failing that, get it into HSC store, and get them to clean it.

Then wash yourself more and use roll on deodorant before you go on PD, and wear your Tunic shirt, thats what its for.

Do they still issue those?

5. Get a new one.

6. I'm afraid i dont have a spare £700 to get a new one.

"Then wash yourself more and use roll on deodorant before you go on PD, and wear your Tunic shirt, thats what its for.

Do they still issue those?"

Yes they do although my hygine isn't the problem Gren.....it's sweat that's dripped from the leather band on my Bearskin onto the tunic. An inspecting officer informed me the leather is cheap hence the stain.

While we're on the subject of home service clothing whats the best way to shrink white gloves? (the wool kind)...the stores bloke insisted on giving me the largest size possible.

7. Never had either problem, but given that the gloves are wool, I would say a wash followed by a long ride in a very hot tumble dryer.

It use to work for the HD jumper :)