One for the field sports blokes

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by brettarider, Aug 21, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Right for the past few years I've got Pigeons and starlings sitting on my guttering shooting the sh1t and dropping the odd shite onto the car now normally at thsi time of year when the berries ripen I get a ribena artex coating over the car. SO I'm thinking of getting one of those plastic birds of prey so do they,
    A, Work
    B, Which type will I need
    C, were to buy said plastic bird
    D If they dont work how can I get them to move over onto my cuntty neighbours patch so they can crap all over his nicely painted walls
  2. BR, they do work if you get the right sort, needs to be a bird of prey Walt.

Kiting - get a kite with the profile of a hawk, kestrel etc, when it flies the birds flight commander grounds them all, allowing you to deploy cat, airgun, hammer etc. to discourage them on a permanent basis.
  3. Bretttarider,

They only scary bird you need is my wife outside your house.

Life long protection from all sorts of drama, including vampires. After only a short visit.
  4. On a more serious note, any place that caters for crop growers will have a range of false owls etc. Garden centres and farm suppliers.
  5. Great when can you post her up 2nd class should suffice
  6. Buy a cat.
  7. Errm no not with a border/lakeland terrier mix and lurcher collie cross wont last 5 mins inside the house and a plastic bird requires no vets bills/cleaning plus a cat getting onto my roof would be a miracle
  8. Air rifle would do the trick. However, be careful with pellets/dead pigeons ending up in neighbouring gardens.

As for decoys, they may get wise to them after a while, and if you get the wrong sort it might even attract them in!!

Are they wood pigeons? Great for a free lunch, though you would need one each to get anywhere near a decent amount. Also, if you have plenty of land, then a shotgun licence might be in order. 32gm 8 shot would see the buggers off!
  9. Owls seem to be the current favourite for plonking on a static location, however if you just want to annoy the neighbour, a catapult load or two of birdy scoff/berries onto his roof will do the job.

One of the bait catapults that the coarse fishing lot use is the best for delivering the load in reasonable condition and is also quieter. Or so I've been told.
  10. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Best yet and fun to boot!
  11. Have been thinking that about the catty and some feed cant use a gun as I live in a terraced set of houses