• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

One for the dog owners - DPM dog leads?

I've recently become the owner of a beautiful retired racing greyhound called Max, but I'm getting fed up with walking him on a lead which says "One of us has no balls". It's not me by the way.

Does anyone know where I can get a DPM or camouflaged lead? It needs to be a decent length and fairly robust (he weighs 30Kg). All the local pet stores have either brightly coloured or girly, sparkly leads for puppies. As Max's main mission when out for a walk is to nail a cat, rabbit or squirrel, I thought a DPM lead would be better for his morale.

All the best

Rodney2q

I’ve got a Corps coloured one for my pooch, he hates it!
Chews it every chance he gets.

Now I'm spoilt for choice!

Thanks for the replies.

:D :D :D

Rodney2q

jim24

LE
Book Reviewer
Real manly dog owners make their own dog leads out of 9mm OG climbing rope, and the collars out of saddle leather, its very therepeutic

I’ve got a Corps coloured one for my pooch, he hates it!
Chews it every chance he gets.
'Who is a good doggy then?'....our pooch has a lead in Regimental colours...never a problem with chewing..breeding will out I suppose..lololol

I'm sure I've seen someone with a H4H dog leash, perhaps not DPM but helping out a good cause...

Help For Heroes Shop

I've recently become the owner of a beautiful retired racing greyhound called Max, but I'm getting fed up with walking him on a lead which says "One of us has no balls". It's not me by the way.

Does anyone know where I can get a DPM or camouflaged lead? It needs to be a decent length and fairly robust (he weighs 30Kg). All the local pet stores have either brightly coloured or girly, sparkly leads for puppies. As Max's main mission when out for a walk is to nail a cat, rabbit or squirrel, I thought a DPM lead would be better for his morale.

All the best

Rodney2q
A 60lb+ greyhound? I'm not surprised he's retired.

ugly

LE
Rodney visit the dog training supplies shop in my sig line, Mendota do a cammo rope lead that is far superior to any else we have seen. We tried to get rope made in H4H colours but no joy so far, sadly H4H wont help with costs getting the whistles done in their colours either!

Ezydog Camo Dog Harness

If your dog is like mine (a fair sized springer spaniel who will tear your arm from its socket on seeing a small animal) I would recommend using a harness as well as a lead, as it prevents the poor dog choking itself as it pulls and generally gives you greater control over the dog. :)

Google zooplus.co.uk

I use this site for quite a few things. It's pretty competitive on price and has a good selection of everything.

It delivers faster from Germany than most others do on your doorstep.

Edited to add.

There you go, they've just appeared at the bottom. :)

B

Biscuits_AB

Got the Ezydog DPM collar from 'Pets at Home'. Looks the dogs bollox...even though she doesn't have any.

ugly

LE
Ezydog Camo Dog Harness

If your dog is like mine (a fair sized springer spaniel who will tear your arm from its socket on seeing a small animal) I would recommend using a harness as well as a lead, as it prevents the poor dog choking itself as it pulls and generally gives you greater control over the dog. :)
Worst thing you can get for a pulling dog is a harness. It encourages them to pull. The best thing I have ever used is a simple 6 foot slip lead with the loop tisted under the dogs head into a fig 8 and slipped over the nose. No good for boxers but fine for spaniels. It also can be used as a normal slip lead after the dog learns no to pull. Harness and lead combos mean 2 hands and the dog still pulls, unless the dog learns from positive reinforcement it will always pull. The dog needs to learn not to pull and behave, until then neither you nor the dog will enjoy walking on the lead. Its basic training being skipped as pups that causes this and its prevalent amongst working dogs whose owners rarely use a lead and then moan as the dog then pulls.