One for the dog owners - DPM dog leads?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Rodney2q, May 2, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've recently become the owner of a beautiful retired racing greyhound called Max, but I'm getting fed up with walking him on a lead which says "One of us has no balls". It's not me by the way.

Does anyone know where I can get a DPM or camouflaged lead? It needs to be a decent length and fairly robust (he weighs 30Kg). All the local pet stores have either brightly coloured or girly, sparkly leads for puppies. As Max's main mission when out for a walk is to nail a cat, rabbit or squirrel, I thought a DPM lead would be better for his morale.

All the best

2. If you would prefer CADPAT

They also used to have a cadpat dog beer can carrier vest that held 6 cans of securely. Sadly they seem to have removed it form their catalogue.
  3. I’ve got a Corps coloured one for my pooch, he hates it!
    Chews it every chance he gets.
  4. Now I'm spoilt for choice!

Thanks for the replies.

:D :D :D

5. My dog has a DPM collar and a proper dog tag(sad git) all from flea bay.
  6. jim24

jim24 Book Reviewer

Real manly dog owners make their own dog leads out of 9mm OG climbing rope, and the collars out of saddle leather, its very therepeutic
  7. pm Ugly he has some
  8. 'Who is a good doggy then?'....our pooch has a lead in Regimental colours...never a problem with chewing..breeding will out I suppose..lololol
  9. I'm sure I've seen someone with a H4H dog leash, perhaps not DPM but helping out a good cause...

Help For Heroes Shop
  10. A 60lb+ greyhound? I'm not surprised he's retired.
  11. It's not unusual. Dogs weigh in at 65 - 70lbs, Bitches at 60 - 65 lbs.