One for the doc's...

Just had a routine ECG for something unrelated to the Army, to check for pre existing conditions.

Never had one before, and the nurse wasn't too hot on the interpretation. Or on English for that matter.

It says "sinus bradycardia otherwise normal ECG". My BPM was 54. Obviously I've googled it, and it would appear to mean I'm relatively fit. I wondered if it could also indicate anything might be wrong?

I'm 32, overweight, no medical conditions, and do lots of cardio phys.

Thanks all!

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
Just had a routine ECG for something unrelated to the Army, to check for pre existing conditions.

Never had one before, and the nurse wasn't too hot on the interpretation. Or on English for that matter.

It says "sinus bradycardia otherwise normal ECG". My BPM was 54. Obviously I've googled it, and it would appear to mean I'm relatively fit. I wondered if it could also indicate anything might be wrong?

Thanks all!
http://www.patient.co.uk/doctor/bradycardia
That should explain.

Ah, always rely on a nurse!

The_Snail

ADC
RIP

Thanks all!

You owe me a tenner.

The thing is that ECG can be an unreliable tool in the hands of a person inexperienced in their use and interpretation of the results. My father in law had an ECG on a Friday at a head wobbling doctors in Hampshire and was told he was fine. He dropped dead of a heart attack the following Monday whilst taking a shower.

The analysis function reports on ecgs are generally taken with a pinch of salt

Bradycardia of 54 means you are fit basically

Stop fretting

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
option a. Bad aids/gonorrsyphilaids

option b, a lower than average heart rate - if you are fit and not on medication (prescribed or otherwise) then nothing to worry about.

the ECG machines programming will not take your build into account, it just looks at the electrical impulses and prints out what it 'sees'. I'd only worry if there were signs of something to worry about, elongated parts of the PQRST wave etc. I could bore you to death with it (and I'm feeling sleepy just typing it), but basically, chill on this one as it'll only put your blood pressure and pulse rate up....

The thing is that ECG can be an unreliable tool in the hands of a person inexperienced in their use and interpretation of the results. My father in law had an ECG on a Friday at a head wobbling doctors in Hampshire and was told he was fine. He dropped dead of a heart attack the following Monday whilst taking a shower.

That's kind of how it works unfortunately. You can be having a heart attack and the ECG looks normal

That's kind of how it works unfortunately. You can be having a heart attack and the ECG looks normal
yep, But the doc on 100k salary plus a year will send you away with the all clear on the basis of a misread ecg record. And there is no QC record.

Latest Threads