one for the arse spelling mafia

#1
Only
great
minds can
read
this
This is
weird, but
interesting!


fi yuo cna
raed tihs, yuo hvae a sgtrane mnid too

Cna yuo raed tihs? Olny 55
plepoe out of
100 can.

i cdnuolt blveiee taht I
cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of
the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it
dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny
iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae.
The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a
pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by
istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I
awlyas
tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!
 
#2
Absolutely amazing! I mean, I haven't seen that before. :roll:
 
#4
You want to send that to all your friends in an email.
Stating that if they don't send it to all their friends within 30 seconds all their dreams wont come true, FOR EVER ! :twisted:
 
#5
So, if it doesn't matter about the order of the letters, why can only 55 out of 100 read it?

Off you go and ask the researchers at Cambridge University.

edited 'cos I realised:

Because the other 45% of the test sample drawn from the students at Cambridge were found to be unable to read the letters in the correct order?
 
#6
Whiskey_60 said:
Well i thought it was quite good, genuinely haven't seen it before!
I'll admit that it is good and shows how amazing the brain is. However, it's been doing the rounds for at least five years to my knowledge. So you must be living under a rock. :D
 
#10
Recce19 said:
Whiskey_60 said:
Well i thought it was quite good, genuinely haven't seen it before!
I'll admit that it is good and shows how amazing the brain is. However, it's been doing the rounds for at least five years to my knowledge. So you must be living under a rock. :D

I've got no friends to e-mail me this sort of shite though, sometimes I get so lonely I create alternate hotmail accounts and send myself Chain e-mails saying "the next person you send this to is awesome" and spend hours clicking forward, send, forward, send over and over.

Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to cry myself to sleep.
 
#11
Fallschirmjager said:
5ywq54 e5y54y dgd fdghdh sdfhgd fd fghh kilu lgiiu

Read that you cunt. :)
You could have sent the fucking key setting, you cunt!
 
#12
Shouldn't the thread title be "one for the arRse spelling mafia" :?
 
#13
cantbearsed2 said:
Only
great
minds can
read
this
This is
weird, but
interesting!


fi yuo cna
raed tihs, yuo hvae a sgtrane mnid too

Cna yuo raed tihs? Olny 55
plepoe out of
100 can.

i cdnuolt blveiee taht I
cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of
the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it
dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny
iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae.
The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a
pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by
istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I
awlyas
tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!
I think the percentage of the population who cannot read these are the people who carefully read every word one at a time. Those people will tend to see each word as rubbish.

More of us tend to "skim-read", picking out the useful bits in what we read, so the brain is focussed not on "and...then...you...understand...it, word by word, so their brain receives jumbled letters just as that.

The skim reader sees the whole phrase at once and, without needing individual words, sees letters and groups of letters that are just unlikely to be there in any phrase not saying "and then you understand it"

I suspect it may not be purely an intelligence" matter, but perhaps largely connected with how a child is taught to read in the first place.
 
#17
vvaannmmaann said:
tI eosdt't orwk if het tertsle rea kiel htis oughtt.
Yes, it does work if the letters are like that though. AND there's only 1xt
in though but 2xh. :)

Oh dear, you missed the N out of doesn't as well. Spelling Nazi eh! :wink:
 
#18
I suspect this all harks back to something published last year, which opined that so long as all the letters were ther and the firt & last were in the correct place, the human brain would decipher it by context.

However annoying the opening post is, an awful lot of people will still be able to read it.

Not edited for spelling, which may turn out to be a mistake.
 
#19
whiffler said:
I suspect this all harks back to something published last year, which opined that so long as all the letters were ther and the firt & last were in the correct place, the human brain would decipher it by context.

However annoying the opening post is, an awful lot of people will still be able to read it.

Not edited for spelling, which may turn out to be a mistake.
Got that right. :lol: :lol:
 
#20
Monty417 said:
vvaannmmaann said:
tI eosdt't orwk if het tertsle rea kiel htis oughtt.
Yes, it does work if the letters are like that though. AND there's only 1xt
in though but 2xh. :)

Oh dear, you missed the N out of doesn't as well. Spelling Nazi eh! :wink:
Be fair, he put a spare t in it, so it's not as if he's skimped.
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top