• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

One for the anoraks

The big red letters "BEDFORD" give it away. ;) Looks like a MK thats been modified by some southern african nation, I'd guess Rhodesia pre Zimbabwe to give protection in likely-mined areas. Then it's been used to give safari tours. Just a guess. Compare it with a Ratel or a Buffel of the SADF.

Used to have pretty much the same thing based on the old Bedford RL chassis out in Salalah many moons ago. Supposedly mine proof, and shaped cab/body deflects blast. That was the theory anyway.

Yep, I seem to remember the SADF putting together a batch load of these, designed to reduce to occupants from mines. It does have an official designation, but I'll be buggered if I can remember what it is.

Latest Threads