One for the Airborne

Discussion in 'Military History and Militaria' started by mark1234, Dec 11, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. My grandfather passed away last Christmas eve, he was ex-2 Para, among the things he left me was his canal zone GSM that was awarded in 2005, this remembrance day I was very proud to wear this medal on my right side oposite my Afgnanistan OSM (I know I'm not technically supposed to wear it but I was in civvies and to be quite frank I don't give a f*ck).

His name was PTE Terence Hickey 22774633 , I have no idea which company he was in or what dates he served, perhaps someone could tell me his intake date by service number?

I know it's a long shot that anyone might have known him, but I would also be interested to learn of 2 Paras role in the suez, my grandfather told me as a young boy that it wasn't warry at all so I'm not expecting details of derring-do but would like to know of the sort of conditions they were in, any amusing stories etc.

Long shot, and may well attract ********* taking the p1ss I know.

2. Write to the Parachute Regimental Headquarters and they will probably love to tell you - or the airborne museum in Aldershot (or has that too been ripped out and sent to colly - although I love the fact the whole airborne bde has been sent to Colchester!!!)

3. No, Duxford

4. Pararegtom

Pararegtom LE Book Reviewer

5. Good choice - same site as the imperial war museum?

6. Thankyou for all the helpful replies.

I've registered for that site pararegtom, I just have to wait 14 days for the application to go through.

7. Also try

www.exairborneforces.co.uk

Ex parachute regiment members from all campaigns are there, its a very close knit group so you should get an answer.