One for the Airborne

My grandfather passed away last Christmas eve, he was ex-2 Para, among the things he left me was his canal zone GSM that was awarded in 2005, this remembrance day I was very proud to wear this medal on my right side oposite my Afgnanistan OSM (I know I'm not technically supposed to wear it but I was in civvies and to be quite frank I don't give a f*ck).

His name was PTE Terence Hickey 22774633 , I have no idea which company he was in or what dates he served, perhaps someone could tell me his intake date by service number?

I know it's a long shot that anyone might have known him, but I would also be interested to learn of 2 Paras role in the suez, my grandfather told me as a young boy that it wasn't warry at all so I'm not expecting details of derring-do but would like to know of the sort of conditions they were in, any amusing stories etc.

Long shot, and may well attract ********* taking the p1ss I know.
Write to the Parachute Regimental Headquarters and they will probably love to tell you - or the airborne museum in Aldershot (or has that too been ripped out and sent to colly - although I love the fact the whole airborne bde has been sent to Colchester!!!)
Thankyou for all the helpful replies.

I've registered for that site pararegtom, I just have to wait 14 days for the application to go through.
Also try

Ex parachute regiment members from all campaigns are there, its a very close knit group so you should get an answer.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P The Intelligence Cell 0
P Classified Ads 8
S Infantry 0