One Eyed Jock In Baghdad Not Basrah. Whose PM will he be?

Gordon of Baghdad - what kind of leader will he be?

• Gordon Broon: more of the same Noo LieBar bollox

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gordon Broon: pushing his way past B'liar, en route to Dubya's colon - things are going do

• Gordon Broon: the visionary and charismatic leader we have awaited for 10 years

• Total voters
KGB Resident wrote:
Looking from outside sometimes I see more than many in the UK that can see tiny details but unable to see the whole picture. Few times I heard how mr.Brown speaks, what words he uses. Frankly speaking I'm impressed by his intellect. Can't prove it but I feel than mr.Brown is the right man on the right place.
Sergey, While you may have a point about Broon's intellect (although alot of praise should go to his script writers), it is very noticeable that whenever there are contentious issues being raised Broon is nowhere to be seen or heard. His head is kept firmly below the parapet until the dust settles and he is more invisible than McCafferty's cat. I might have had some respect for Broon if he had stood up to B.Liar at some point or even resigned in protest instead of going along with B.Liar on everything. It seems that his deep desire to be P.M. has overridden all else.
What we need is someone prepared to stand up and speak out for what they believe in, unfortunately at present with some notable exceptions, our government appears to believe in getting their snouts as deep into the trough(no prescott jokes please) as possible and sod the public.

Found this American bloke on the NYT front page.
Why does it seem to fit in this thread, I wonder? 8)

Quotation of the Day
"There has never been a military commander in history who wouldn’t like to have more of something or other. That characterizes all of us here. The fact is, frankly, that we have all that our country is going to provide us in terms of combat forces — that is really it, right now."

GEN. DAVID H. PETRAEUS,
http://www.nytimes.com/pages/todayspaper/index.html

The fact is, frankly, that we have all that our country is going to provide us in terms of combat forces — that is really it, right now."
Delete country, insert chancellor.

No news there, He could'nt do much else really, seeing as he did'nt put his head above ground to disagree with the decision to go to war(based on TB Liar's porkies).

YEP, TB is on the rise again - and guess what you can blame NEW LABOUR-NO SHAME for that...............A once eradicated disease, that was until NEW LABOUR-NO SHAME came to power!!

Advisor says- Chancellor, there's a contentious issue and we need you to comment. Damn he's gone into hiding AGAIN.

OOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH NOTHING to do with MR G. BROWN, of course - is he or isn't he part of NEW LABOUR - NO SHAME?

Hands up all those who think he will be any better than TB Liar. Come on don't be shy. WHAT! Nobody. Quell surprise.

See above, and NEW LABOUR's HEALTH ploicy for scanning new immigrants entering into the UK!

Sneaking in as PM unelected.

That, says it all for NEW LABOUR - NO SHAME. Did they have to lower the standards, or create another list - such as the one for women, other sexual orientations!!! Other nationalities........Just give to Mr G. Brown.

"Neither the Prime Minister nor the Secretary of State for Defence have ever visited their wounded soldiers in Selly Oak Hospital."

What do you expect from TWO of NEW LABOUR's showcase, they have utter contempt for the ARMED FORCES, FULL-STOP!!!!! Now call in rent-a-minoirty, and thats different.

Haven't a moral right to vote (as a foreigner) but I predict that mr.Brown will be an outstanding (if not great) PM.
Sergey, I'll see your "outstanding" and raise you a "just as much of a wänker as the last slimy shite".

MsG

Bugsy, let's look what has been written about Gordon Brown in Telegraph (not the most friendly newspaper)

www.telegraph.co.uk/op...do1302.xml

Quote::
Some in the party have this silly notion that all Gordon Brown has to do to lose the next election is to call it. I am afraid I don't agree. Indeed, I didn't agree even before the Tories' recent debacle over grammar schools, so I certainly don't buy the idea now.

David (OOOHHHH LOOK AT ME, THERES A CAMERA, OVER THERE!) Cameron. l very much doubt if the Tories will get in with him leading them. The media are still doing too good-a-job on him, stating ALL thats bad with him.

One doesn't need to condone Gordon Brown's soak-the-rich statism, or his granite-dressed, presbyterian charmlessness, to see he is a formidable, clever and experienced politician.

Looking from outside sometimes I see more than many in the UK that can see tiny details but unable to see the whole picture. Few times I heard how mr.Brown speaks, what words he uses. Frankly speaking I'm impressed by his intellect. Can't prove it but I feel than mr.Brown is the right man on the right place.

Mr G. Brown has had 10 Years, what has he done?

* Very good at escape 'n' evade (current affair questions).

* Camouflaging, lets talk about lraq, 'l'm not about to go into
detail about it, at this stage!!!!!'

* Hidding from snipper fire - l'll keep my head down, they won't
notice, that l'm NOT there!

10 years, for 10 year solid years Mr G. Brown (as well as the REST of NEW LABOUR - NO SHAME) have had a choice to stand up, speak, and be counted. 10 years!

Mr G. Brown has NOT been elected as this country's Prime Minister, or mine. l personally feel that HE and the rest of the PATHETIC bunch ought to be ASHAMED of themselves, but they're NOT. An election should be called for, we are living in (not a police state yet) a democratic society, aren't WE?

Then, remember its all down to postcodes with NEW LABOUR - NO SHAME, and BFPOs aren't even registered - remember!!!!

What was the sayin' that B'LIAR, NEW LABOUR - NO SHAME came to power on, OOOOHHHHH, thats it:

EDUCATION, EDUCATION, EDUCATION. Well, it certainly has been an education hasn't it! Something to remember for the future education NOT to vote for NEW/OLD LABOUR ever again.

................Amen.

Sir_General_Jackarson said:
. . .
What was the sayin' that B'LIAR, NEW LABOUR - NO SHAME came to power on, OOOOHHHHH, thats it:

EDUCATION, EDUCATION, EDUCATION. Well, it certainly has been an education hasn't it! Something to remember for the future education NOT to vote for NEW/OLD LABOUR ever again.

................Amen.
Feck me.

Can I send you some of my Beta Blockers?

Well said sir.

I won't suggest you are one of those voting for No. 3.

Praetorian said:
Sneaking in as PM unelected. What a chopper.
Just like Conservative Prime Minister John Major. We don't vote for PM in this country, we only vote for our local MP and the Prime Minister is simply the leader of the party who holds the most seats. This isn't a new thing brought in by megalomaniac Blair.

sr.medic said:
He is the man who is going to finish what Tony the tw"t started.....take this once and great Nation and turn it upside down, tax middle England to the brink of bankruptcy.....fill it with anti-English flag waving looney lefty ethnics.............sorry thats already happened!
I take it everyone has forgotten those glorious days with Thatcher in charge where we had 4 million unemployed and the working classes were devastated by the excesses of unrestrained capitalism? That nutcase started a war and managed to get re-elected! Sound familiar? The Tory government managed to break Pound Sterling in September 92 (Black Wednesday), because they didn't have a clue how to manage the economy. Meanwhile Brown has had to battle with the loosening of our national borders (population explosion), longer-living pensioners, less revenue from cigarettes and still managed to make us the strongest economy in Europe. It's almost unheard of today for someone to be out of work involuntarily - if you want a job you can get one. Although it might not be well paid, you can at least be guaranteed a minimum wage, although the Tories fought tooth and nail to prevent our poorest workers getting such a measure of dignity. I bet the vast majority of ARRSE members have a far higher standard of living than their families had during the Thatcher years (unless they were yuppies blatantly ripping their fellow countrymen off).

Be careful what you wish for. Can anybody put their hand on their heart and say that David Cameron or any of his cabinet could make our country wealthier and more stable?

PoisonDwarf said:
. . .(unless they were yuppies blatantly ripping their fellow countrymen off).
. . errm - isn't that spelt B'liar (Toe-knee or Sherry - take yer pick) :?

BTW, PD - I'm with you all the way on Thatcher. I think in the long run, history should (prob'ly will) judge her pretty harshly. 8)

Poison Dwarf wrote:
That nutcase started a war and managed to get re-elected!
I assume that you are referring to the Falklands, in which case Thatcher did'nt start it. The argies did, by invading.

Poison Dwarf also wrote:
Meanwhile Brown has had to battle with the loosening of our national borders (population explosion), longer-living pensioners, less revenue from cigarettes and still managed to make us the strongest economy in Europe.
Whose party is it that has effectively torn down our borders and changed the rules so that what customs and immigration officers are left are unable to stop the flow of migrants (legal and illegal). Not forgeting the Human Rights Act of course. An excellent money spinner if you happen to be a human rights lawyer. Oh but is'nt that what the wicked witch and her Matrix chambers do.

I think you will find that the strong economy was mostly inherited from the Tories. Broon and his treasury minions have year by year been strangling the economy with red tape and regulations as well as stealth tax after stealth tax.
The only real brainwave he had was to allow the Bank of England to set interest rates independently. Comments please on a £20 note (to allow for rising inflation and stealth taxes).

Ammoman said:
Poison Dwarf wrote:
I assume that you are referring to the Falklands, in which case Thatcher did'nt start it. The argies did, by invading.

Poison Dwarf also wrote:
Meanwhile Brown has had to battle with the loosening of our national borders (population explosion), longer-living pensioners, less revenue from cigarettes and still managed to make us the strongest economy in Europe.
Whose party is it that has effectively torn down our borders and changed the rules so that what customs and immigration officers are left are unable to stop the flow of migrants (legal and illegal). Not forgeting the Human Rights Act of course. An excellent money spinner if you happen to be a human rights lawyer. Oh but is'nt that what the wicked witch and her Matrix chambers do.

I think you will find that the strong economy was mostly inherited from the Tories. Broon and his treasury minions have year by year been strangling the economy with red tape and regulations as well as stealth tax after stealth tax.
The only real brainwave he had was to allow the Bank of England to set interest rates independently. Comments please on a £20 note (to allow for rising inflation and stealth taxes).
. . and subtly adapted electoral booundaries so as to make it very challenging for any other party to command a more substantial proportion of the minority of votes cast in the UK (due to disenchantment, under LieBar, with the Democratic Process)

Nor have you mentioned the atrocious growth (under LieBar) of needless, and ill-thought-through legislation.

Let's hear it ofor Tone and the crew: not productive, but certainly industrious.

How forgetful of me not to mention being tough on crime and the causes of crime by bringing in over 3000 new laws such as " Knowingly importing Polish potatoes". As Littlejohn would say, "You could'nt make it up". Tough on crime eh. I know, lets lock up the criminals. Oh sorry, we can't do that because we have'nt built any more prisons.

That point bringing us back to the subject of the thread, Mr Broon. Remember when John Reid said he would build an extra 8000 prison places. Well, nice Mr Broon said you can build as many as you want, but you can't have extra money so its got to come out of your present budget. Result: No new prisons built yet.

In my opinion, Broon has been running the country for the past 10 years by controlling the money. Any policy he did'nt like, did'nt get funding. Hence the cuts in the defence budget in real terms showing the natural Liebour hatred for the Armed Forces. Probably because the oath is sworn to H.M The Queen rather than to President Tony or some other Republican non-entity.

I think thta he is a c0ck, who is just screaming to be kicked upstairs- it is a shame that they couldn't have dumped himin Wolfwitz's (sp?) old berth at World Bank.

I take it everyone has forgotten those glorious days with Thatcher in charge where we had 4 million unemployed and the working classes were devastated by the excesses of unrestrained capitalism? That nutcase started a war and managed to get re-elected! Sound familiar? The Tory government managed to break Pound Sterling in September 92 (Black Wednesday), because they didn't have a clue how to manage the economy. Meanwhile Brown has had to battle with the loosening of our national borders (population explosion), longer-living pensioners, less revenue from cigarettes and still managed to make us the strongest economy in Europe. It's almost unheard of today for someone to be out of work involuntarily - if you want a job you can get one. Although it might guaranteed a minimum wage, although the Tories fought tooth and nail not be well paid, you can at least be to prevent our poorest workers getting such a measure of dignity. I bet the vast majority of ARRSE members have a far higher standard of living than their families had during the Thatcher years (unless they were yuppies blatantly ripping their fellow countrymen off).
Nice to know that there are still some 'fully-paid-up' NEW LABOUR - NO SHAME supporters around.....................

Employment/NEW LABOUR: Massaging figures, placing JSA clients on training schemes; not really unemployed - take 'em of the unemployment list. What magic - employment down - NEW LABOUR, poor employment record.

Pensions/NEW LABOUR: Mr G. Brown raided pension funds. Messing a lot of hard - working folk up!

Population explosion/NEW LABOUR: Local councils (mainly LABOUR-WARDS.....) have recently recognised, that they have made a mistake & do NOT know, just EXACTLY how many legal/illegal immigrants are in the UK!

Loosening of our national borders/NEW LABOUR: lmmigrants come to UK, legally/illegally, they gain employment - cash-in-hand. This has an adverse affect on the local economy, and eventually the national economy.................'You can at least be guaranteed a minimum wage.' That may be so, employ two people to do four people's work; that why the national minimum wage was brought in.

It's almost unheard of today for someone to be out of work involuntarily - if you want a job you can get one/NEW LABOUR: Rover cars and now Jaguar cars............................. NEW LABOUR really know what they are paying TAX PAYER's money into - CEO's pockets for a fantastic redundancy packages, SOD the 'ittle man. Big Banks, insurance companies, RAC, making folk redundant, transferring their business overseas because it CHEAPER than the national minimum wage.

Strongest economy in Europe/NEW LABOUR: for imports, the UK imports more goods than it exports. NEW LABOUR endorses CHEAP/CHILD overseas labour, by importing the majority of it trade from Asia. Just by accepting the imports, it accepts the terms 'n' conditions the goods were made under. ln the UK, CHILD labour has been abolished, cheap labour - the national minimum wage - if you want a job you can get one....

Be careful what you wish for: Beta-blockers-by-the-bucket-load......

NEW LABOUR-NO SHAME...............'Nuff said!

..................Amen.

Stonker said:
Ammoman said:
Poison Dwarf wrote:

Poison Dwarf also wrote:

. . and subtly adapted electoral booundaries so as to make it very challenging for any other party to command a more substantial proportion of the minority of votes cast in the UK (due to disenchantment, under LieBar, with the Democratic Process)

Nor have you mentioned the atrocious growth (under LieBar) of needless, and ill-thought-through legislation.

Let's hear it ofor Tone and the crew: not productive, but certainly industrious.
Hmmmm

Here are some stories which would seem to contradict Your assertions.

New seat of Chippenham - Good Tory Territory

Labour MP Quits New Look Constituency (Would have stood if old boundaries stayed)

Ed Balls Loses His Constituency

Robert Wareing (Lab) Loses West Derby

And, I believe, this says it all

New Boundaries Worry for Labour

Stonker said:
PoisonDwarf said:
. . .(unless they were yuppies blatantly ripping their fellow countrymen off).
. . errm - isn't that spelt B'liar (Toe-knee or Sherry - take yer pick) :?

BTW, PD - I'm with you all the way on Thatcher. I think in the long run, history should (prob'ly will) judge her pretty harshly. 8)
I should hope history does judge her harshly. The neo cons are after all the mad and evil spawn that issued forth from a sordid hump Reagan and Thatcher had in a dark alley whilst everyone else was watching the downfall of the Soviet Union.

And her ruthless eradication of the state owned coal industry and crushing of the miners in a laboratory called Britain was a demonstration to the Americans as to how to procceed when they finnally gained control of Iraq. :D

PoisonDwarf said:
Praetorian said:
Sneaking in as PM unelected. What a chopper.
Just like Conservative Prime Minister John Major. We don't vote for PM in this country, we only vote for our local MP and the Prime Minister is simply the leader of the party who holds the most seats. This isn't a new thing brought in by megalomaniac Blair.

sr.medic said:
He is the man who is going to finish what Tony the tw"t started.....take this once and great Nation and turn it upside down, tax middle England to the brink of bankruptcy.....fill it with anti-English flag waving looney lefty ethnics.............sorry thats already happened!
I take it everyone has forgotten those glorious days with Thatcher in charge where we had 4 million unemployed and the working classes were devastated by the excesses of unrestrained capitalism? That nutcase started a war and managed to get re-elected! Sound familiar? The Tory government managed to break Pound Sterling in September 92 (Black Wednesday), because they didn't have a clue how to manage the economy. Meanwhile Brown has had to battle with the loosening of our national borders (population explosion), longer-living pensioners, less revenue from cigarettes and still managed to make us the strongest economy in Europe. It's almost unheard of today for someone to be out of work involuntarily - if you want a job you can get one. Although it might not be well paid, you can at least be guaranteed a minimum wage, although the Tories fought tooth and nail to prevent our poorest workers getting such a measure of dignity. I bet the vast majority of ARRSE members have a far higher standard of living than their families had during the Thatcher years (unless they were yuppies blatantly ripping their fellow countrymen off).

Be careful what you wish for. Can anybody put their hand on their heart and say that David Cameron or any of his cabinet could make our country wealthier and more stable?
Hey PD you've been at the port again :wink: - are you saying those in the services are better off now than they were in the 80's?

Stonker said:
Sven,

Read this.

Then fuck off and die horribly, to the intense amusement of ARRSErs everywhere.
[align=center] :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: [/align]
You are a card Stonks

I produce links to articles - You produce somebodies webpage :roll:

FFS Sven those 'articles' are just someones opinion that you happen to agree with. No effin different to someones web page.

qman said:
FFS Sven those 'articles' are just someones opinion that you happen to agree with. No effin different to someones web page.
Did You read the articles concerned - it isn't someones opinion that Labour constituencies are lost, it isn't the view of journalists that researchers said

"If changes had been in place during the last general election, Labour's 66-seat majority would have been cut to 48, say University of Plymouth researchers.

Then a swing of just 1.6% could have lost Labour its overall majority."