One days Pay Scheme

Discussion in 'RLC' started by BigRed, Oct 18, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Are you in, does it benefit you? Recently heard that only 1 in 5 soldiers are currently part of one day's pay scheme.

What would make you join or is it a lost money in your eyes? :?

2. It's something that they made you sign in to at the JLR RCT/ROAC. Supposedly good for you if you ever get injured and leave the Corps.

Someone out there must have full knowledge of what it gives you or find a link!!! Anyone?

4. Whilst some of it goes to benevolent and sporting funds for Corps members (and ex members too), some (too much) is regularly wasted on that pathetic rag, The Sustainer

5. Understand what it does, I'm in and benefitting. Just wondered on the rest of the RLC, is it viewed as a good thing or wasted cash that the Corps tries to get you to sign up to.

Apols if Q was misleading.

6. Understand what it does, I'm in and benefitting. Just wondered on the rest of the RLC, is it viewed as a good thing or wasted cash that the Corps tries to get you to sign up to.

Apols if Q was misleading.

7. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Our fund in The light Infantry gives you life membership of the association for a days pay which when I joined was a bargain £6.05 per day! Lasts a lifetime and I have seen it put to good use! I dare say that your corps fund although now with a larger loading will hopefully have a laregr donation base to draw upon!

8. My son benefited with a large grant for a piece of medical equipment that I was not in a position to buy. But with the RBL and the RLC association it was purchased, still try and encourage the lads and lasses to opt in. You never know whats round the corner.

Heard the story about a WO2, who passed away his family approached the Association for financial help but were informed that as he had not paid into the one day scheme they were not in a position to help.

9. I am a retired member of both the RAOC & RLC Associations. The RAOC Charitable Trust gives aid to all former members including those who re-badged into the RLC, & AGC or other Corps whether they paid into the RAOC One Days Pay Scheme before 1993 or not.

If the RLC do not do the same it is disgusting if true. But I can find no referance in the Rules of the RLC Association Trust that covers this, and will take it up with the RLC Association for clarification.

10. Folks, you all overlook one important piece of detail - don't think what does the ODP do for me but what can I do for he ODP and the RLC!

11. I signed up shortly before deepcut pounded any sense of corps pride I had into dust

12. I can't wait to make my application to the Corps fund (Signals that is) when I'm too old to climb the stairs, pish me pants and tweak every sexy nurses arrse for giggles.... :)

13. The ODP helps with a huge contribution to skiing, and if you're an offr, the one and a half days pay scheme also make a tidy contribution to the central WOs' and Sgts' mess. Thanks.

14. I am in two minds about wheteer to withdraw from the ODPS.

I know they spend a lot of money on sports (if you have time to do it and your sense of duty doesn't get in the way), and drums, and really important things that go on round Deepcut. BUT, I noted that in the year when a Sgt dropped dead in Italy, a Maj was killed in Germany, a Cpl was killed in the UK and a Sgt kileld in Germany, there were no monies given to any families, as confirmed in the annual statement. I am sure that these men all contributed to it, but stand corrected if not.

15. I was pretty much forced into signing up for it as a young, niave lad in the ACC.

I have never benefitted from it, but at the same time I have never rreally missed the money...

At the end of the day, if someone in the Corps is benefitting from the money I put in, whether it be through disability or hard times, then that is good enough for me.