One Brit officers view on US in Iraq

Discussion in 'Multinational HQ' started by muhandis89, Jan 12, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. there is a relatively new thread on this elsewhere? suggest deleting this one and pointing towards the appropriate thread
  2. Here is the actual article in Military Review. Aylwin-Foster's criticisms are fairly constructive and not really an attack on the US military (especially the Army).
  3. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

thanks Virgil....useful post.

US pers might be interested in the BBC News coverage at

not sure about this comment though:
    Really? if Mr Bush wants an opportunity to redecorate his residence for the second time since 1812 - BRING IT ON SON ! :lol:

Oh and if Jason Harris thinks Basra or Al Amarah is a peaceful holiday location he should speak to PWRR.....

Lee Shaver
  4. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Thanks Y-E...factual reporting as ever from the Post ( though I know some people don't find it so ). I've now read the offending article and it seems to me that Brigadier Aylin-Fos goes to some lengths to express his admiration for the US Army and many of its people.

The best friends a man can have are the ones who know him well enough to tell him things he really doesn't want to hear - and stay friends !

Be interesting to hear the Australian take on this......
  5. I completely agree. It's a perceptive article from an outside observer, part praise and part (constructive) criticism. It got tagged as attacking the U.S. military by some extremely lazy reporters.
  6. those comments crack me up. Those are the 'allies' in which we have?

Basically a "we're holier than thou, how dare you criticise us!"

Also, maybe i'm missing a few braincells in my old age, but what part did "US logistical support" play in the falklands?
  7. You do have a point...

We'll just start national conscription and employ all the chavs and retards. They'll more than make up for numbers.
  8. Just tell the chavs that they'll be paid in WKD and Burberry, we'd have the nastiest fighting force the world has ever seen!
  9. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

My dear old lad......charter flights to Cancun leave UK daily.........remind me HOW porous that Tex-Mex border is again ??? :lol:

I guess we could always ask for a loan of the Shitty-Kitty or the Queerbarge to help out ;-)

The fact is that if ,....ahem... " rogue Special Forces elements" (completely deniable) of Her Majesty's Armed Forces decided to stage a re-enactment of the Burning of the White House, I understand a high proportion of the US population would raise a loud cheer and flock to see the movie......
  10. This porous

11. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

rats...I see the Kalifonian authorities have outed one of Hereford's Finest.....(note to Regiment: tell 'Dago' Davis he is NOT repeat NOT to use that Pancho Villa disguise again) :lol: