One brave woman!

Drivers_lag

On ROPS
On ROPs
Is it really brave to fight for your life? Isn't just essentially the exact same survival instinct that every animal on the planet is born with?

Correct.

Leopards can run faster than people, so it's not really very brave at all fighting one that's jumped on your back.

I'd like to see the Leopard sue her for assault.

Rodney2q

I always thought leopards were too small to take on adult humans. You live and learn!

Is it really brave to fight for your life? Isn't just essentially the exact same survival instinct that every animal on the planet is born with?
I think it is, some people will roll over and die.
That is why some people can be bullied and some cannot.
However I'm just an ex cold war alcoholic so what do I know.

Ritch

LE
I always thought leopards were too small to take on adult humans. You live and learn!

I think you're thinking about Cheetah's. Leopard are big and stocky and do cause a whole load of deaths both in India and Africa

The bravery is not being paralysed by fear by a superior opponent and giving up before the fight has started. Sometimes the survival instinct doesn't kick in. There are incidents of humans being mauled by tigers and lions and not surviving. I just wonder what the stats are on surviving such an encounter?

The_Snail

ADC
RIP
Could she have taken a honey badger on though?

Once a month my missus could do that with one hand tied behind her back!

Pffft! Brave? She was armed with a sickle FFS! Dangerous things them sickles.

It was obvious she was looking for trouble if she went "to fetch water" when she was tooled up.

Now I would have been far more impressed had she only had for example, something like a chamois leather and half a bucket of tepid water to fight it off with.

RIP Leopard. :(

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
I think you're thinking about Cheetah's. Leopard are big and stocky and do cause a whole load of deaths both in India and Africa

A cheetah's not as stocky as a leopard and much more timid but it's a hell of a lot taller. That said, the leopard is the only big cat designed specifically to take out hominids - particularly baboons. While said hominid is dealing with slashing forepaws and the bitey bit at the front, the leopard's back legs are generally to be found making ready to expose the baboon's intestines to the open air.

The woman is lucky but I doubt that the fight lasted half an hour or anything close.