One Army?

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by msr, May 27, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. msr

msr LE

I'm beginning to start believing it:

Thread here: http://www.arrse.co.uk/cpgn2/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=97475#1976087

msr

2. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

Spot on.

But, with the current bunch of turds in charge, nothing will change.

I've nearly given up, it's just so hard to achieve nowadays what used to be so simple a few years ago. Cheers, Labour, you bunch of cunts.

3. msr

msr LE

It's not only the politicians who are to blame...

msr

4. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

Agreed.

It's now got to the point where as soon as something potentially enjoyable pops up on the calendar, I no longer start to look forward to it but begin to feel depressed about the sheer amount of pointless admin tasks that need to take place in order to achieve it - 99% of which is just pandering to civvie contractors.

5. But you see, that is the point of the TA - perhaps our hour has come! We ARE the contractors, but we don't have a contract (yet!).

TA - two lives are better than one, with only half the responsibility and twice the fun.

6. Look just face it, if you were a civil serpent working for MOD you would just do your office job, then, when you get fed up with it, sue them for some sort of RSI and get your early retirement money. they do it all without fuss or in depth pre planning,minimum risk assessemts which are basically all written down in most HSE documents. but still seem to get life changing injuries.

As it is, you have to do the paperwork so they can hire more civvies to check over your paperwork and have "think tanks" to go over the results, which will in turn lead to better kit, better trained troops.

ok i was taking the piss with the last sentence.

governments just like having troops to make themselves look good to the rest of the world, they do not actually care about you lot that are still serving in any capacity IMHO.

7. MrT - I like it!

8. As a new recruit, this doesn't fill me with positive feelings lol

9. I agree about SodExHo.

Those kunts are everywhere.

I was almost beside myself with mirth the other weekend when, on appearing at the scoff-house at 5am sharp (as per Bn orders), looking forward to a full english before my 12 hour shift in comcen, the fat, drunk liverpudlian mong, masquerading as "chef" curtly informed me that breakfast was not to be served until 0630!

How the feck he got that wrong is anyones guess, but i reckon it had a lot to do with him and his staff all having had no sleep due to having been on the pish for the previous 18 hours. stinking fat drunk obnoxious bastage.

These are also the people that cook for children in schools, and for sick people in hospitals, and they all couldnt give a flying feck.

This wouldn't happen if they were army, which they should be!

sodhexo = DO NOT WANT.

Back to the issue, the world is no longer run by men, or captains of industry, soldiers, and outstanding leaders, instead its run by spotty little wnakers called ACCOUNTANTS, from basingstoke.

10. msr

msr LE

Sodexho run the catering at Co-operative Insurance and it is fantastic.

You can't blame the company if the MOD doesn't fun them correctly.

msr

11. Accountants will only find ways to cut costs if their boses tell them to.

The world is not run by accountants, but by people who either have less and less funding year upon year; or by company owners who want to (or have to) squeeze more profits out of slimmer margins.

The captains of industry and outstanding leaders you mention have always had accountants, lawyers, salesmen and so forth, working for them.

We as consumers have brought this on ourselves - we want cheaper goods, we buy from the internet and often from abroad. UK companies have to be competitive or face going out of business and so accountants are tasked with trimming costs and sales people are tasked with making more sales. But we as customers only hear about and feel the effects of costs being cut in the service we receive or the quality of the goods we buy.

On the defence side the govt is asking our armed services to do more with less money so, once again, accountants are told to cut costs. I presume at the other end our leaders are also asking for more money from the govt but that's not forthcoming. We as soldiers only feel the cost-cutting measures.

So don't blame the accoutants.